Non fault incident- extra premium

A couple of months ago, I was hit while making an overtaking manoeuvre on a single A road. Driver side swiped me into the oncoming traffic as he decided to overtake a cyclist at the same time and came way out. I had already started to pass (indicators on) so had too accelerate and swerve with the bike giving a momentary wobble as he hit the pannier out of harms way and come to a stop at the side of the road.
Yes, I should have waited to see what he was going to do.
Anyway, a car driver going the opposite way returned to say she saw the incident and he was at fault :bow.

Well the car was an Aston Martin DB11 and my 1150GSA pannier frame lock had put a gouge in the right-hand wing and door panels :D.
We swopped insurance info and the next day spoke on the phone to each other. Luckily, he worked for Aston Martin and was giving it a run for its money before handing it over to a Mr. J. Bond.
In brief, he did not want to go through his insurance and was told by his boss it would be repaired in-house :beerjug:

So, in haste, I did not inform my insurance company otherwise, I would have seen my next renewal double in price.

Issue is you have to tell them as is part of your motoring history- that what I was told by customer adviser.
Those bastards increased my premium because they can.

My car was damaged yesterday by a load of rubble falling from a trailer going in the opposite direction. Police say no one else has reported a similar incident and because the offending vehicle was going in the opposite direction I wasn't able to get its registration number.

I guess the damage will cost at least £500 to repair but I won't be going through insurance for all the reasons stated on this thread.

Back
Top Bottom