Too tall for a Versys 650?

Martin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm thinking of changing my F800GSA for a Versys 650 Grand Tourer. I'm 6'5" tall, and 15 stone. Just wondering if I'll regret it and feel cramped when I've had it a while. Would appreciate advice from any tall Versys owners.

Thanks for the link. Would still be good to hear from anyone of similar height who has either got one, or had one.

You could always try the Versys 1000. Plenty of room & a stonking engine, if you like a 4.

I wonder, what is you budget?

I traded "down" from a 1200GS to an 800GSA, as I wanted something lighter and cheaper. I don't need a bike that retails at £15k new.
Smaller engine seems to also mean physically smaller bike, which is the last thing I need if I want to avoid feeling as if I'm riding a child's bicycle. The Versys 650 is relatively tall (840mm seat height) and gets brilliant reviews. I am tempted, but once the initial novelty of a new (to me) bike has worn off, will I be left wishing I'd gone bigger?

Have you tried a Tracer 900? Whilst finish may not be the best, the price is right & the engine is a peach. If you don't fancy the 900, an old ex-racer mate of mine swears by his MT07, just for it's accessible perfomance in every day riding. Rumour has it an Adventure version is on it's way - see T7 in Bike mag this month.

Back
Top Bottom