Seat Woes

Sounds like the seat is too wide and forcing your legs wider apart than they want to go. Comfort seat is probably wider than standard and could make the problem worse? I had a seat re-done by Tony Archer and experienced similar problems with it on the high setting. It was fine on the low setting. The bike had standard footrests. I think the high setting meant my thighs and hips were being forced apart because the distance from pegs to seat was greater.

Cheers for all the input fellas. I've been so busy at work I've not had chance to call Tony. I'll defo call him tomorrow and see what he can suggest. The clock is ticking!

Check out

cycle-ergo.com.

play with the options and see what works

mart

Just spoken to the guys at Tony Archer and I'm going to try and get the seat over tomorrow after graft.

He's asked me to think about how I'd like it altering. I can only think.of maybe making it narrower??
You guys who's had him sort your seat out what did you get altered??

I've also got the dealers calling me to see if he can sort out at K1300 GT to swap (it really is that bad). Have any of you guys made the switch to the K Series? Any advice?
Good or bad?

I've got two weeks to sort it! :eek:

Just spoken to the guys at Tony Archer and I'm going to try and get the seat over tomorrow after graft.

He's asked me to think about how I'd like it altering. I can only think.of maybe making it narrower??
You guys who's had him sort your seat out what did you get altered??

I've also got the dealers calling me to see if he can sort out at K1300 GT to swap (it really is that bad). Have any of you guys made the switch to the K Series? Any advice?
Good or bad?

I've got two weeks to sort it! :eek:

He made mine wider in the area under my thighs and inner thighs( towards the front) but I asked him to remove some of the padding at the rear of the seat in an attempt to ease the pressure on my coccyx.
The removal of the padding was great but , as stated before, the front part was a bit too wide, especially in stop-start traffic because the seat was too wide and putting sideways pressure on my hip joints when repeatedly putting feet down. This was worse when carrying a pillion because I was putting both feet down for stability when stopped.
Tony initially offered to alter it if it was not right-- an offer which I used, after a few months had passed, to have it thinned down slightly. Top bloke Tony, he was good to his word and didn't charge anything for the alteration and even fitted it in at short notice because I was in Huddersfield for a training day at my employers head office.
I have a bog standard RT seat you can borrow if Tony needs yours for a day or three. Might be able to arrange a meet-up somewhere near you-- I travel to Leeds regularly.

OK pal, I'll let you know, appreciate the offer, feedback and heads up. Got so much to do and such little time! :)

Try and sit on WC RT, the seat shape is a lot deferent to an oil head RT and I find it very comfortable on the high position, it could maybe help with the shape you need,
Forget the K

K forgotten already! :thumb:

Just dropped seat off at Tony Archers, got the KTM MOT'd yesterday avvy and took seat over strapped to the back (who said they'd not get on ;))

Dealers not got back to me regarding a newer RT so fingers crossed these guys can sort it.

Once again thanks for all the input really appreciate guys. I'll keep you posted on the outcome, said it could be ready for Friday! :thumb:

Well I've just got back at the weekend and put just over 4k miles on the RT. Broke down once with the cheesy electrics in the starter switch €170 lighter (still waiting to be re-imbirsed from my dealers extended warranty).
Got a puncture once we got back to blighty.

The seat was better and I got used to it after a few days, but I still found it cramped and uncomfortable.
I loved the handling and the protection from the elements were bang on as it hammered it down on the way through France.

I'm just not feeling it and I think I may have to sell and move onto something else...

Back
Top Bottom