Pads

I've had the ferrodo on for 8k now and they still have another couple in them, I use the rear all the time also

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Goldfren HH pads will last >15K miles. Supposedly rubbish but Ive never had a problem in over 10 years using them. I don't expect Ferrodo Platinum organic pads to last that long but the disc should be less stressed.

I hardly ever use the rear brake pedal. The linked braking system makes more than enough use of it for my taste. The pedal needs minimal effort to kick in the ABS.

ISTR a campaign to fit a different banjo bolt to the GS early on to adjust rear brake pressure and prevent excessive pad/disk wear. Maybe yours has the older banjo bolt ?

Glad i found this thread. I noticed my rear pads are low and the disc has a bit of a lip. As the wheels will be coming of for tyres in the near future have decided to put a new disc and pads on the rear.
Just ordered the ferodo pads from gsshop but the discs are out of stock so might try a goldfren disc Bendy toy linked to.......it's cheap which is my only concern but worth a shot i think.

All discs will develop a wear lip. It only matters when the remaining metal is too thin.

People say Goldfren HH pads are crap, but I've used them for years with no problems. The set that got cooked were Goldfren and look almost usable except that one has heat damage divots down the middle. I'm amazed the disc survived.

Mine has an ordinary banjo bolt complete with bleed nipple.

Rear brake on mine feels like its got wooden pads, spoke to the dealer, and he said it's a linked system and a common problem, so must investigate further, and overhaul.

The rear brake feels wooden because the linked braking always applies the back brake. In normal use, the pedal will easily trip the ABS.

See how it feels with ABS turned off (no linked braking).

Back
Top Bottom