Auxiliary LED STOP/TAIL for topbox

ROLL DOG

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking at adding additional LED STOP/TAIL light through the HEX EZCAN and wondering has anyone done this already?

I want to add lights but eBay/Amazon etc are overrun with tacky versions so wondered what you guys are running?
Looking for recommendations 👍🏼

I've got a Durite 6 x Led as a rear foglight, cost was £50ish

It has 20 different settings for you to play with, one of which will do as your additional brake light doesn't do a dual function ie stop/tail.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I love the idea of an auxiliary stop/tail light, I did see some one with one on the back of his helmet last year no idea of how it was activated!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I got these from Amazon... fit nicely yo to the top box and enough length on the wire to connect to the EZcan. Can take a closer picture if you want. :beerjug:

Attachments

• IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 581
Yep, I've done it works well.

I bought my rear LED Brake Lights from eBay. Came from China at £ 1.50 each.

I was going on a 4 day tour with panniers, so I bought a handful and will treat them as disposable.

But in fact they worked really, so left them on the bike.

I originally just stuck them onto my number plate. All my biker mates liked them, so they are staying for now.

HEX EZCAN controls the brightness. So they are on 10% during normal running lights, and 100% on brake lights, which match the existing lights perfectly.

:thumb

Attachments

• eBay.jpg
    eBay.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 499
  • Brake Lights 2.jpg
    Brake Lights 2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 489
Pictures of them working... On and Off

Attachments

• Brake Lights Off 2.jpg
    Brake Lights Off 2.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 537
  • Brake Lights On.jpg
    Brake Lights On.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 543
Looking good there flaming T. Would appreciate a visual cheers

off, on, break lights...sorry, not sure why pictures have come out on their side. :nenau but you get the gist.

Attachments

• IMG_3036.jpg
    IMG_3036.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_3037.jpg
    IMG_3037.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_3038.jpg
    IMG_3038.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 504
looks great.
connected directly to the fuse for the breaklights?

No, this is connected directly to the HEX EZcan situated under the rear seat along with the auxiliary driving lights and FIAMM twin tone horns. :beerjug:

No, this is connected directly to the HEX EZcan situated under the rear seat along with the auxiliary driving lights and FIAMM twin tone horns. :beerjug:

Nice. learned something new :)
thanks

how would you wire them without the Hex EZcan?

Good question and I suspect there will be others on here that are more qualified to answer. Having said that I suspect you would need to pick up the live and ground wires from the harness into the break light and tap into them.

I've wired a single strip of 6 LEDs directly to the existing tail/stop light connection, and it is tolerated by the CANBUS. I've fitted the LED strip into a Shad auxiliary brake light fitting which fits onto the top box mounting plate. This light fitting was fairly cheap and I found out why when I got it because it had 4 conventional bulbs in it, even though some of the advertising states it is LED - perhaps there are different variants. Anyway, the CANBUS was unsurprisingly not happy with that and shut down the rear lights until I disconnected it. I removed the bulbs and put the LED strip in their place which works well, but I'm about to try adding a second strip of 6 LEDs to see if I can get away with that, just to make it a bit brighter. I have all my other add-ons wired up to a Fuzeblock fitted in the tail and I'm happy with that, though might go for an EZCan at some point in the future.

Fred

Back
Top Bottom