Auxiliary LED STOP/TAIL for topbox

I'm pleased to report that I added a second strip of 6 LEDs today, directly connected to the tail/stop light circuit, and the bike is still happy - no CANBUS errors. Nowhere near as bright as the bike's light, but I think will help, especially at night.

The ones I used were these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162529682592?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

IMG_20170606_175848402-X2.jpg

Pictures of them working... On and Off

I have got the same.

How did you wire the 5 wires in each of the strips to the Hex EZcan.

Could you please share pics of the connection if possible please. Thanks

If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost to your door?
Bearing in mind I don't have a brother in usa :)

If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost to your door?
Bearing in mind I don't have a brother in usa :)

I paid £42 for customs etc... other than that, just the cost of the EZcan. It was ready for me to collect from my local depot in 5 days.

Ok, thats not too bad. I have been looking at building one for myself (me electronics engineer) but that might persuade to just get the ready made version.

Which 2 wires to wire to the EZCAN?

Ordered some of these but there are 4xwires?

Excuse my ignorance :blast

I bought my rear LED Brake Lights from eBay. Came from China at £ 1.50 each.

I was going on a 4 day tour with panniers, so I bought a handful and will treat them as disposable.

But in fact they worked really, so left them on the bike.

I originally just stuck them onto my number plate. All my biker mates liked them, so they are staying for now.

HEX EZCAN controls the brightness. So they are on 10% during normal running lights, and 100% on brake lights, which match the existing lights perfectly.

:thumb

You should have a coloured wire connection diagram / picture.

Usually the black wire to negative.

Then there are coloured wires left over. Usually one for full power led, one for half power led, and one for indicators.

You need to find the full power wire as the Hex Ezcan will modulate the power to it, then connect it.

When I wired mine up I attached a crocodile clip to the black wire and bared the ends of the other wires. Attach the crocodile clip to the battery negative then one at a time touch the bared end of the other wires to the auxiliary positive terminal. You'll be able to see which colour lights up your LEDs in the manner you want. Then once you've decided simply cut off the bared ends of the cables you do not want to use and seal off with heat shrink. You'll be left with the negative and the cable providing the lighting you want. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom