Flappy Valve - replacement link pipe

You can unplug and remove the valve actuator. The ECU will record a motor fault but there is no warning on the display and no other effect on the bike.

Can I just ask, on the motorworks site they list two, did you buy this one:
Exhaust flap valve eliminator pipe stainless steel | EXA46552
or this one:

Remus exhaust flap valve eliminator pipe stainless steel | EXA07514

The first one looks a bit thicker, other than that they look identical and they are about the same price.

EXA46552
the 'superior' option according to the text
bizarrely also cheaper by 60p

With a set of dimensions I reckon I could knock one of those up out of 316 or 440c Stainless

Have ordered one now, so I can draw it up if you like. Being an engineer I have all of the tools to measure it, just nothing to make it on. If only I had a lathe....:blast

Got one today - the Remus one - yes I know bugger the expense. 5 minute job to disconnect the wires, and fit the pipe on my 2010 bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have ordered one now, so I can draw it up if you like. Being an engineer I have all of the tools to measure it, just nothing to make it on. If only I had a lathe....:blast

Sir that would be awesome, and of course there'd be a CNC lathe (and shit hot programmer) available should you need one.

I did the same on mine, removed the cables and re-fitted the actuator and plug my main thinking was to save water getting into the plug. I got my pipe piece off ebay think it was around a tenner.

You can unplug and remove the valve actuator. The ECU will record a motor fault but there is no warning on the display and no other effect on the bike.

Even with the actuator plugged in the ECU logs a fault as it is expecting the pulley to be stopped in a set position which is not achieved with the valve removed and the pulleys disconnected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even with the actuator plugged in the ECU logs a fault as it is expecting the pulley to be stopped in a set position which is not achieved with the valve removed and the pulleys disconnected

See picture below - GS911 picks up that the exhaust valve error message :

35137056442_725691d44d_b.jpg

There's no need to machine a flanged adaptor. A length of stainless exhaust pipe tube will do the job for under £5.

Sacrilege! It is after all a finley tuned piece of german enginering you're attatching it to, of course it needs to be machined...

There's no need to machine a flanged adaptor. A length of stainless exhaust pipe tube will do the job for under £5.

Exactly what I was looking at. 10" length of 63mm stainless pipe for about £8 on ebay, should make about 3 pieces. But I'm not totally sure 63mm is the right diameter. Can anybody confirm if 63 is correct?

This is very true but I'm a CNC programmer by trade and the flanged version is a more elegant solution.
.... And for me the only cost is time 😊

63 diameter x 70mm long

I did this to my bike. Bike is now a happy bike. It made no difference to the sound that me or the misses could tell.

This is very true but I'm a CNC programmer by trade and the flanged version is a more elegant solution.
.... And for me the only cost is time ��

...and would sir be making a batch? (If so I'd be requesting one please).

Have drawn it up and sent it to Diamond GSer.

As I have bought it I don't need one, but others may.

Not sure wher we stand on copying someone else's though?

Done about 1000 miles since I fitted mine.... Lots smoother! But noisier!
My flappy valve was only moving through a few degrees: from closed to nearly closed!
Also, I seem to be getting a few more mpg. I guess it was running badly with the valve semi-closed all the time. I'd just got used to it!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

My bike with it's shotgun cans would benefit from a valve on one outlet pipe. One day, I might get something knocked together.

Back
Top Bottom