Flappy Valve - replacement link pipe

On a GS1200 no warning lights come on with the flappy valve disconnected or with the servo motor disconnected. There will be a fault code stored though.

Was it the ESE-BM1 George?

fa00fa1722dad5d307dfe45e35cc30f3.png

http://www.bikersdiscountstore.co.u.../healtech-exhaust-servo-eliminator-pd-185.php

Hi sorry for the delay , yes got it through eBay
f50a38e7f61d99c80534bd607de59324.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why did you need this?

I ditched using the valve years ago, just took the motor off left the knackered stuck wide open valve in place and bob's your proverbial.
Other than a harmless fault code being stored no ill effects, no need for a link pipe, nothing nadda.
A very simple job being turned into a marathon exercise but, I guess not everyone can get along with the KISS technique though.

Why did you need this?

I ditched using the valve years ago, just took the motor off left the knackered stuck wide open valve in place and bob's your proverbial.
Other than a harmless fault code being stored no ill effects, no need for a link pipe, nothing nadda.
A very simple job being turned into a marathon exercise but, I guess not everyone can get along with the KISS technique though.

I’m not saying you need it , it just tidied up the canbus , after see my uncle fry his Ecu on his Mercedes I didn’t want to risk anything , not an electronics guru so I stand to be corrected.

Why did you need this?

With regard to KISS , maybe bmw engineers need to look at this , float strip for starters followed by rear wheel bearings , double sided swing arm was never a problem

With regard to KISS , maybe bmw engineers need to look at this , float strip for starters followed by rear wheel bearings , double sided swing arm was never a problem

Hmm. i think you miss the point, nevermind :thumb2

The simple fix is a piece of stainless tube and let the ECU store it's fault code.

The valve can be dumped into tin of diesel fuel and ignored. It should free-off over a few months and could be put back on the bike if it needs to be returned to standard.

The simple fix is a piece of stainless tube and let the ECU store it's fault code.

The valve can be dumped into tin of diesel fuel and ignored. It should free-off over a few months and could be put back on the bike if it needs to be returned to standard.

And, do not discard the tin of diesel fuel as you will doubtless require it again :thumb

Is this the latest information

After replacing flappy valve on my better halves bike

2011 bike so had to cut original exhaust bolts off, but ordered new ones from motorworks yesterday. Is there’s still the eliminator pipe of choice?

After replacing flappy valve on my better halves bike

2011 bike so had to cut original exhaust bolts off, but ordered new ones from motorworks yesterday. Is there’s still the eliminator pipe of choice?

The motorworks one is the best option, I've recently fitted one to my TC RT having fitted these before to other bikes, no sweaty hammering or swearing needed they pop in with a firm hand and the quality it spot on, they're also made to fit properly so you get one smooth tube rather than a big-smaller-big result (if you see what I mean).

The motorworks one is the best option, I've recently fitted one to my TC RT having fitted these before to other bikes, no sweaty hammering or swearing needed they pop in with a firm hand and the quality it spot on, they're also made to fit properly so you get one smooth tube rather than a big-smaller-big result (if you see what I mean).

Agreed, tidy piece from motorworks, just the job
https://www.motorworks.co.uk/vlive/Shop/Parts.php?T=5&NU=15&M=35&Ct=JA&SbCt=BA_15_35_JA_57

Great part from Motorworks ... slight problem ... I’ve stripped threads on new clamp :( ... overnighted it trying to get exhaust to stop blowing. Will order another new clamp, but this time will use exhaust paste.

Which paste is recommended?

Back
Top Bottom