Flappy Valve - replacement link pipe

JonnyBravo

Reaction score
Just to say ordered the pipe from Motorworks at the weekend - arrived today and by eck, what a quality piece it is :thumby:

certainly not the cheap pipe off cut Nippy Normans seem to be flogging for the same price.

How much and how about a link? How about posting a few pics when you do the job? Especially re dealing with the cables?

OK will do already took it off but its a piece of cake to do - off to the shed to take piccies !

I had the wheel off to change out the final drive fluid at the weekend and thought may as well drop the exhaust off to clean it easier at the same time and found the valve seized solid

I quite like the look of this to replace the one I got from nippy Normans, it has a flange which must aid seating and sealing. The one I have still leaks, no matter what I do.

OK will do already took it off but its a piece of cake to do - off to the shed to take piccies !

I had the wheel off to change out the final drive fluid at the weekend and thought may as well drop the exhaust off to clean it easier at the same time and found the valve seized solid

Good man!:beerjug:

I replaced my flappy with one of these, they are a perfect fit and as said, incredibly well made.

What's wrong with a slightly longer piece of exhaust pipe tube? Cut it long enough to cover the clamp slots and all should be fine.

Very pretty. Wish I'd bought one of those rather than the nippy Norman one.
Whatever you're using, or even if you're putting the flappy back on, use exhaust ASSEMBLY paste. I use Firegum out of halfords.
Makes it easy to assemble, seals it and easy to separate again.

I put one of those Motorworks ones on my bike. Completely agree; well made, and worth the money. Just putting in a straight piece of pipe always looks a mess; this one blends in well; there are no obvious edges or steps when fitted.
As above, you won't get it to seal without some sort of sealant. I use high temperature silicone 👍

I just unplugged the black box that contains the motor, and removed that, cables and valves as one. Tape up the redundant connector, and tie-wrap it out of the way. No warning lights on dash.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

In case anyone is interested !

Undo exhaust hanger bolt
slacken exhaust clamps both sides of flappy valve (soak overnight in WD40 forst as these can seize solid)
remove exhaust
Ignore dog in picture !

Undo clip by pressing in and withdraw electrical connector to the left
Undo single torx bolt from control box and then slide complete box to the right off its mounting pin

Put on 1x cleaned up clamp
Slide into place gucci new link pipe from Motorworks
Put on other clamp
slide exhaust into place
do up 2 x exhaust clamps - making sure exhaust is sitting correctly and connections are flush
DO NOT TIGHTEN UP EXHAUST HANGER BOLT UNTIL BOTH CLAMPS ARE TIGHTENED AND SITTING CORRECTLY

Replace the control box and reconnect the electrical connector - sits there quite happily and shows no faults

Nip up the exhaust hanger bolt and its job done

I did not find any need to use any paste etc - the clamps and pipe sit together perfectly,
no blowing, no leaks.

Stand back and admire your work :beerjug:

Can I just ask, on the motorworks site they list two, did you buy this one:
Exhaust flap valve eliminator pipe stainless steel | EXA46552
or this one:

Remus exhaust flap valve eliminator pipe stainless steel | EXA07514

The first one looks a bit thicker, other than that they look identical and they are about the same price.

Back
Top Bottom