gs8 cooling fan not working

brucedog

Reaction score
2009 gs8 28,000 miles doing all the servicing on my bike,pre big trip on checking the fan it does not come on getting a bit of coolant coming out of the header tank.checked to see if the fan was stuck and with a little push with a screw driver it seemed free.checked the system with a gs 911 and its coming up no signal.am I right in thinking its the signal from the switch behind the engine the one next to the oil pressure switch.any idears.

cheers tony.

2009 gs8 28,000 miles doing all the servicing on my bike,pre big trip on checking the fan it does not come on getting a bit of coolant coming out of the header tank.checked to see if the fan was stuck and with a little push with a screw driver it seemed free.checked the system with a gs 911 and its coming up no signal.am I right in thinking its the signal from the switch behind the engine the one next to the oil pressure switch.any idears.

cheers tony.

Tony, my '09 F800 GS cooling fan failed at 55,000 miles, the fan motor was goosed. The fan blades should spin freely.
If you have a GS911 you can fire the output to run the the fan directly from a laptop.
If the fan runs OK, the fan is fine and the problem is further back, either the coolant over temperature sensor or a wiring problem.

Back
Top Bottom