New to the GS world

Hatcho

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

Well, I've just placed a deposit on a 2016 R1200GS Triple Black, happy days! :banana Hoping to close the deal and collect the bike the weekend after next. I'm based in Ireland and the bike is in the UK so I'll be flying over and then riding the bike home. This will be my first GS as I've ridden SV650's and SV1000's up till now (log time twin fan!). So please excuse in advance the daft questions that I'm most likely going to be posting over the next few weeks!

Some biking mates let me test ride a GS, an XR and an RS, and GS came up tops for me. I'm keen to do a bit more two-up touring with the missus and the GS is the perfect tool for the job. Must say it's also a bit of fun in the twisties (my favourite biking environment) - so my mind was made. Will still be holding onto the SV, it's hard to give up the sound of a litre twin with Two Brothers pipes - and it'll still perfect for the sunny Sunday bimble with the mates.

Chomping at the bit to pickup the bike, but alas, can't get away till middle of the month. Ah well, it'll make it all the sweeter when the day finally arrives!

Cheers,
Seán (aka Hatcho).

Welcome, enjoy the ride home hopefully the weather will be glorious when you pick your bike up.

Sv1000, very underated bike, sort out front suspension and replace rear shock and it can embarrass quite a few bikes.

Cheers TAG - hope the weather improves - currently heavy rain with thunder here in Dublin!

Yeah, the SV has surprised a few power ranger types who can't understand why their R1/GSXR/ZX doesn't leave it for dust in the twisties. Forks were sorted with fresh oil and new springs but it's still running the stock rear shock. Still a whole bundle of fun though!

Welcome Hatcho, hope you enjoy the site. Develop a thick skin (!) and use the search button as most GS/A topics have been done to death.:thumb

Well Hello, fancy seeing you here :D
Enjoy :thumb2
Oh and
... please excuse in advance the daft questions that I'm most likely going to be posting over the next few weeks! ...
You will need that thick skin and a robust sense of humour :augie ~ Overall though, this place gives a lot more than 12 quids worth over a year. ;)

Well Hatcho, glad to hear that you have found a bike. Looking forward to getting out for a spin when you pick it up.

Wayne

Cheers for all the welcomes folks! Flight and train tickets booked and the weather's even looking good for next weekend! All I have to do now is struggle through three days of worn until I get to go over for the bike! :)

Plan is to put some miles on the bike before registering it in Ireland so I will most likely stay over on the Saturday night and take the longer (and twistier) route home via Snowdonia. You cant beat a surprise roadtrip on a new bike to put a smile on your face!! :)

howya bolloxchops, that's a nice machine you're picking up , enjoy

steve

Well Hello, fancy seeing you here :D
Enjoy :thumb2
Oh and
You will need that thick skin and a robust sense of humour :augie ~ Overall though, this place gives a lot more than 12 quids worth over a year. ;)

Well Hatcho, glad to hear that you have found a bike. Looking forward to getting out for a spin when you pick it up.

Wayne

Lol, I knew it wouldn't take long before you lot started!! Only two more sleeps and I'm off to collect the bike, feel like a kid at Christmas!

Congratulations on the new bike Sean. Throw some pics up when you get it :thumby:
Cheers

Colin

Hi Hatcho,

Enjoy the new bike. I recognise the username from IBF. :)

Yup - still trawling the bike forums on the internet! Just hope the boss doesn't notice! :p

Congratulations on the new bike Sean. Throw some pics up when you get it :thumby:
Cheers

Colin

Cheers Colin - I'll pop up a few pics of the bike from my extended trip home! :thumb

Back
Top Bottom