Ideas on reducing my insurance 😕

Jameskelly

Reaction score
Hi I've just updated to the 2017 gsa triple black after a year with a 2006 gsa.

My insurance quote has doubled from £360 to £780

I've only had a full license for a year so is there any places where I could bring the price down? Or any tricks?

Cheers

James

All the best results come to people who pull their finger out and ring up. They then keep on ringing up as many insurance providers as their little fingers can stand and once they have established for themselves what suits them (not some bod from Herefordshire, Norfolk, Yorkdhire, Perthshire or central London) best, they buy it.

It really is that easy, even chimps can do it.

Hi, have you tried us for insurance yet? If you wanted to drop me a PM I'd be happy to arrange a quotation for you.

Kind Regards
Barry

Hi I've just updated to the 2017 gsa triple black after a year with a 2006 gsa.

My insurance quote has doubled from £360 to £780

I've only had a full license for a year so is there any places where I could bring the price down? Or any tricks?

Birmingham is the 2nd largest city allegedly - value of your bike has doubled? desirability for theft has tripled? its slightly more powerful than your last bike. All these things have an impact. I feel your pain but my advise is always obtain a couple of quotes before upgrading your bike so the shock is more tolerable.

Hope you manage to find a cheaper quote.

Move

Cohabit with a girlfriend....and then add her as a named driver (even if she only has a provisional licence)

Off street parking

Have a child

All this is from my son who provided Aviva with this lot (last Friday) and it dropped his insurance by approximately half.....and he had only moved two miles.

In my/my son'e experience the No1 way to bring your insurance down is (as Wapping says) to RING THEM !!!!!......Get a quote from a confused meerkat but then RING THEM !!!

A friend of mines son had a shock when insuring his first bike (600 Fazer). He put his father on the insurance, (Experienced rider) and it halved.

Have you got someone like that ?

Might be worth a shot.

doing an advanced test with make no difference to your premium but it might keep you alive

Add, off-road overnight, locked in a brick built garage overnight, garage alarmed, bike alarmed, ground anchored, disclocked, monster chained, no pillion cover, no leathers & helmet cover, no legal cover, increase your excess, remove no claims protection, remove roadside recovery, remove European cover.

Add or remove any of the above and teaching you to suck eggs but write down a list of the above plus whatever else you and the forum bods advise. Then tick off / prioritise what's a must and what's a luxury.

BMW insurance were very competitive for me give them a try

Most importantly do the legwork and shop around.

Cheers Clive

Back
Top Bottom