Welcome Welcome Welcome - New GSer

RugbyPod

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Finally managed to sign up after realising the mobile site didn't tell you what was needed in one of the boxes!

So, I've been riding since 2000 when I lived overseas and came back to UK to do my Direct Access, just so myself and a mate could hire bikes and tour New Zealand. Loved it so much, I went back 2 years later.

Then bought a brand new 954 in Saudi, then shipped to Dubai prior to returning home (sans Fireblade) in 2004 when I decided to get a FZ6 Fazer. After a break for a few years, I bought a Honda Deauville for my 122 mile round trip commute from Shropshire to Birmingham. That served me well for almost 18 months of motorways in all conditions.

Then I decided to chase my 'rainbow' and test ride a GS. As the kids say "OMG"... I had to get it, so pulled out all the stops and part ex'd my Deauville at Harley Davidson in Birmingham, and am now the beaming (get it?) owner of an R1200GS TU (2010).

Only thing it didn't tick on wish list was spotlights for the dark winter country roads.

Sorry to ramble, but looking forward to getting involved.

Peter 'Pierre' Dodsworth

Welcome. Am sure someone will PM you shortly offering to sell you some spotlights!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naturally I'm now having all of the fun shopping around for various bits and pieces!

Mudslinger XL rear and mudguard extender on order...

Possibly followed by taller screen, as I'm 6ft 2in and find there to be a bit of wind turbulence.

Then there's the mounting of my Garmin 590LM to consider...

Welcome
Peter, I am sure you will enjoy the forum..... just don't feed the animals, some bite:beerjug::D

Welcome to the mad house Peter.....so many knowledgeable individuals here to tap into for help and information. :beerjug:

Welcome to the mad house Peter.....so many knowledgeable individuals here to tap into for help and information. :beerjug:

It certainly seems so Falming T! Complete newbie to the adventure bike marque, so I'm sure I'll be tapping into that knowledge frequently.

Welcome Pierre
I'm a couple of inches shorter than you and find this superb at reducing buffeting to near zero on my GSA.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/X-Creen-TO...F8&qid=1497437025&sr=8-2&keywords=mra+x-creen

Someone may have one on the site that they'll sell...put a wanted Ad up ?

Thanks Dave B. I've actually got one of those with a complete screen that I took off my Deauville. Unfortunately mine is smoke coloured and it'll
Need to be drilled into original screen. It was ok on the Deauville, but didn't completely reduce the buffeting. Maybe it'll act better on a different screen.

Naturally I'm now having all of the fun shopping around for various bits and pieces!

Mudslinger XL rear and mudguard extender on order...

Possibly followed by taller screen, as I'm 6ft 2in and find there to be a bit of wind turbulence.

Then there's the mounting of my Garmin 590LM to consider...

Mudslinger XL and front fender are now attached.

Back
Top Bottom