Amazon "Alexia"

davegs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone got one of these?, a friend of my stepdaughter has one and the stupid thing drove me mad, every time they speak it wants to know what was said aggh!!. How much do you pay for the running of it, lots of glowing testimonials on the Amazon site but nothing about subscriptions, so just curious
about this latest "must have?? gadget.

Boris for P.M. (2-1 on!!).

Anyone got one of these?, a friend of my stepdaughter has one and the stupid thing drove me mad, every time they speak it wants to know what was said aggh!!. How much do you pay for the running of it, lots of glowing testimonials on the Amazon site but nothing about subscriptions, so just curious
about this latest "must have?? gadget.

Boris for P.M. (2-1 on!!).

Dunno, wouldn't touch one with a barge pole or any of the other similar products. Always on, always listening, always sending info back to Amazon. You ask if anyone wan't a cup of tea, next time you go on your computer there will be ads for tea.

Creepy spyware product IMO.

Brilliant, don't pay a bean for it other than the purchase costs. Got it hooked up to my Hive heating and mains plugs with adaptors so can group plugs together and switch them on and off.

Bit of a gimmick, and you will always get the conspiracy theorists but I'm a tech enthusiast and work in Tech.

I use it for silly things like setting timers when cooking, listening to the radio, telling me the weather.

My life wouldn't fall apart without it, but its a bit of fun. I owned a very early attempt of this some years ago (google 'nabaztag' - the first wi-fi connected rabbit, which is now defunct).

RBW.

Brother got one for Christmas.

Great fun when he's listening to music and your parting shot is "Alexia Volume 9", goes so loud you have to actually move off your ass and turn it down as voice commands won't work.

Yes I know, easily amused. It was Christmas.

Data gathering devices. Read the T&Cs. Open season any anything it can hear in your home. And as admitted, their usefulness is yet to be established.

Also not sure about the level of encryption between the device and Amazon? Could your home be hacked? Could Russia turn your fridge down and turn the heating thermostat up?

Back
Top Bottom