Le Mans Mk 3 on Ebay - what do you think

A lot of money to sort properly but then again 3's are starting to go for silly money............not worth it in my opinion.

Andres

A lot of money to sort properly but then again 3's are starting to go for silly money............not worth it in my opinion.

Andres

And -

becoming more collectible and is arguably the best Le Mans model engineering wise. mmmmmmmm

The MK5 was certainly engineered well, that engine us a peach & by feck does it have some poke...

A running Mk 3 with an MOT must be worth £2.5 - £3k esp if I would be happy-ish with an oily rag job ??

The mk3 is the best 850 lemans ever made,

But they need to be complete, otherwise it's a good basis for a cafe racer, without any guilt that you've destroyed a decent bike to make it,

Depends what the reserve is.

A running Mk 3 with an MOT must be worth £2.5 - £3k esp if I would be happy-ish with an oily rag job ??

I guess it would concern me that the obvious neglect the bike has had may be more than skin n deep. If you're happy to do the oily rag thing (no probs with that) are you happy to potentially sort 'issues' yourself? If so, IMHO, I'd not chuck more than 1800 at it max and it'd have to be mechanically sound at that......

......however that comes from a personal POV that runs along what I think I'm happy to pay for a bike as opposed to what its market value may be.

Andres

Many thanks Guys - esp Andres - £1800 is a good target - but I bet that the reserve is closer to £3k ??

Sold my Mk 3 last year for £3250.
It was all up together and ready to go.
But suspect, maybe, their value has risen since then.

It got to £2050, reserve not met !

It would be hard to justify it being worth any more, mk3 's really need to be original,

Being a square barrel, you might as well start of with a 1100 California if you are making a cafe racer, 250cc more must make up most of the performance of the Le Mans motor, and it will be a much more flexible one to boot, and when it's cafe'd up everyone will think it's the later 1100 anyway

Too expensive a project
I had one in 1995/6, nice bike but the electrics were a nightmare then!
The original fairing was awful
I fitted a "spitfire " fairing to mine
looked better :augie

Back
Top Bottom