Starter removal. Recommend me a spanner / socket

Posh Pete

Still got a pulse.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Soooooo ... The starter on the 100 G/S is acting up. Now I knew the rear fixing bolts were a pita to get at and undo but thought my ring spanners would do the job. Not a chance! I have seen a chap on YouTube using a very small ratchet and socket or is there a particular thin walled and angled ring for the job? What does the collective use?

I changed my starter on GS 80 Basic when I upgraded it. A slim open ended is about the only way as I recall.

1/4 drive Snap~On ratchet + short extension.

Other makes will probably work, but I'm fond of the skin on my knuckles :)

i use a swivel head socket spanner.
Made by kamasa.
I've got a full set of sizes and the most useful tools in my collection for awkward jobs.

These are the TYPE , they'd do the job and perfectly adequate for enthusiast use. Sizes 8-19mm and a 10 year guarantee all for £26.99 at Clas Ohlson .

The only difference i can see is the Kamasa set i have come with a lifetime guarantee.

i use a swivel head socket spanner.
Made by kamasa.
I've got a full set of sizes and the most useful tools in my collection for awkward jobs.

These are the TYPE , they'd do the job and perfectly adequate for enthusiast use. Sizes 8-19mm and a 10 year guarantee all for £26.99 at Clas Ohlson .

The only difference i can see is the Kamasa set i have come with a lifetime guarantee.

Perfect. Just what I need. Thanks Neil. Off to the toolshop tm. :D

I used a regular 13 mm spanner but I ground down the sides to make it thinner. Worked a treat.

Back
Top Bottom