Morning Gents

DeeGee

Reaction score
I've not been a Beemer owner that long, I bought a RT1200 a couple of months back predominantly for touring with the missus. Ive been out on it three times and every time I'm getting a shit load of pain in my hips and groin, the last time we were out we did just over 250 miles and my hips were still hurting two days later.

I've tried the seat on high and low settings and I have also got the foot peg lowering kit fitted and still no joy, I'm thinking the seat is just too wide.

We are going into Europe in two weeks time and I'm seriously having second thoughts about my choice of steed.

I'm going to look at a K1300 GT at my local Beemer dealer to see if we can sort a deal out.

I'm just looking for a bit of advice on the bikes. Have any of you guys made the same switch, is the riding position any different? Are there any things I should be looking for etc.

Any advice or comments very welcome.

Cheers

Test ride one and decide for yourself.

PS The noun 'steed' must always be proceeded by the adjective, 'awesome'.

We are going into Europe in two weeks time... Are there any things I should be looking for etc.

Foreign people, the Feast of the Black Madonna and a small cafe.

No matey, not pursuing that option now. The bike wasn't that appealing. Maybe getting a newer RT or a seat overhaul???

Back
Top Bottom