Right.....help needed

You don't need to wear a helmet and leathers if you adopt that attitude!

Yeah you do. 80mph Bees and stupid tarmac surfing birds hurt (and we all know incoming projectiles rarely stick to the speed limits!!)

Leathers are just because we can get away with it on a half legitimate excuse.

Well the deed is done, the forms are signed and im now skint. ive bought a 2015 gsa with spadeloads of farkles,whatever farkles do. im not getting rid of my 1150 , just gonna push it into the corner in the garage and carry on tweaking it for as long as i can get away with 4 bikes.Todays jobs are new braided hoses for the old girl.
It was summat i needed to do, to venture to the dark side and buy a stormtrooper,how long i keep it, is another story.The first gear selection is like engaging the pto on 40 year old massey ferguson tractor,,,keruuunch.Thanks for the inputs guys, with a bit of luck ill be at the hograost with the lego men stormtrooper white GSA.So may see you there.
I may use the time to refresh the 1150, i did think of a metallic blue paintjob, like the new gs Rally sport colours for a change. chhers dudes Atb Pauly

Good one NB ... enjoy your new 'bike :thumb

I'm glad you kept the old one :D

:beerjug:

Hmm, 300 miles in on a new TBA and I'm still on the fence. It is growing on me, but I have so long with the old 1150 it will take ages not to miss the old girl!

The old bike was unique, custom exhaust and ECU remapped and Ohlins shocks it really did stick to the road on the PR4's. I can't tell if the new bike is just fast so feels less planted, or is it the tyres...

Annoyingly my old bike was sold to a friend, so I get to miss it and have the everlasting 'mates warranty', he sold his old 1150 to buy mine and wants me to fix some bits on that too!

Tbh thats how i felt when i rode it.I ended up backing it because of the fork issue.If you dont know , check it out, it will need a modification asap.

Tbh thats how i felt when i rode it.I ended up backing it because of the fork issue.If you dont know , check it out, it will need a modification asap.

Yes I have seen the issue, I'm in 2 minds...

On the one hand I don't go off road (though fast speed bumps might not help) so in hope not to suffer the issue...however BMW's dealing with this so far has been bollocks.

Hmm, 300 miles in on a new TBA and I'm still on the fence. It is growing on me, but I have so long with the old 1150 it will take ages not to miss the old girl!

The old bike was unique, custom exhaust and ECU remapped and Ohlins shocks it really did stick to the road on the PR4's. I can't tell if the new bike is just fast so feels less planted, or is it the tyres...

Annoyingly my old bike was sold to a friend, so I get to miss it and have the everlasting 'mates warranty', he sold his old 1150 to buy mine and wants me to fix some bits on that too!

I know how you feel. I too had an 1150 for a very long time. In that time as the 'new' 1200's appeared I tried them and after getting back onto the old girl, always thought nah, its just not worth changing up to that. They felt lighter, yes, but that seemed to equate to a bit skittish at the front, that was until I tried the new WC GSA in 2014. Then I thought, wow, now this is different. It does not have the vague feeling at the front that the older 12's had and the added electronic wizardry is suitably in the background but obvious enough that it is doing something that really makes a difference. It was a brilliant machine, no issues in 6000 miles, no rust and gearbox was snickity snick. Unfortunately I had to sell my 14 GSA last year due to downturn in work, but as it has picked up again this year I decided to get back on two wheels and initially bought a 2005 1150 GSA and loved it. It was massively heavy compared to the 12 but I liked the simplicity and the planted feel. Unfortunately it broke down three times in the first week. I fixed up the first two (usual culprits; ignition Coils and Hall effect sensor) but the third one was the dreaded Servo fail. Again I would have been happy to strip it out but got in touch with the dealer I bought it from the week before and asked for some cash back or full fix of servo and he said no he would take it back and refund me. So now I was in a predicament. No bike!! So having had a dabble back into 1150 land, I decided to go back to the WC 12 and bought one that week. I took delivery of a brand new 1200GSA TB on the 10th June and I am delighted again. I miss the 1150 and would love to have one again, but my bike of choice would be the 1200. Stick with it it will grow on you. I think one of the main troubles with it is that it just does everything so well that it might at first seem a bit...well boring, but once you get to grips with it it gives you a feeling of "this bike would take me anywhere". It really is fantastic.

Good luck with it and I hope it gets under your skin like mine has.

Quote from Simon Pavey, "We leave the ABS and traction control on. The technology is now good enough that it's how we are running our 1200GSs this year"

It is in Enduro mode which reacts differntly to Road mode

Back
Top Bottom