Scan to PDF software recommendation

Walowiz

Reaction score
First off arrrgh, was using omnipage ultimate - but my old-ish version doesn't play nicely with Windoze 10.

Am not in the market for shelling out £200 on the latest version.

Anyone recommend some software to scan multiple pages to a single PDF (the canon software only does one page at a time :blast) that doesn't cost lots ?

Obviously Windows only please.

Have you tried running the software in compatibility mode? Right click icon, open file location, find the exe and right click properties then the compatibility tab if you didn't know. Might save you changing software.

Have you tried running the software in compatibility mode? Right click icon, open file location, find the exe and right click properties then the compatibility tab if you didn't know. Might save you changing software.

Certainly have, used to use "run as admin" or whatever it was called, no joy - for some reason there is a dll that will not bloody register. Been on to support - and "you're still using that version ?"

When you say one page at a time, do you mean.....

a) Your scanner is a flatbed only and you need to physically place each page on the bed - which is your issue - but you can still stitch a number of pages into one file? OR
b) You have a multi-page scanner but the Canon software won't support the page-feed style of the scanner?

I only ask as I have a Canon flat bed scanner with the bundled utility and can scan multiple pages into one PDF file using the "Canon IJ Utility".

Obviously, I can't help with b). :rolleyes::aidan

When you say one page at a time, do you mean.....

a) Your scanner is a flatbed only and you need to physically place each page on the bed - which is your issue - but you can still stitch a number of pages into one file? OR
b) You have a multi-page scanner but the Canon software won't support the page-feed style of the scanner?

I only ask as I have a Canon flat bed scanner with the bundled utility and can scan multiple pages into one PDF file using the "Canon IJ Utility".

Obviously, I can't help with b). :rolleyes::aidan

a) and I have the Canon IJ Utility - working with a wireless multi function (which has a flat bed scanner), and there is no function to create a multi page PDF, checked the settings and unless I'm missing something - no way to do it.

a) and I have the Canon IJ Utility - working with a wireless multi function (which has a flat bed scanner), and there is no function to create a multi page PDF, checked the settings and unless I'm missing something - no way to do it.

If you open the utility to get the small control panel on the screen, click Settings > Document Scan > Save Settings > Data Format - you should see a drop down option of "PDF (Multiple Pages)". Set it permanently to this and you should always get the option to add more pages.

If you open the utility to get the small control panel on the screen, click Settings > Document Scan > Save Settings > Data Format - you should see a drop down option of "PDF (Multiple Pages)". Set it permanently to this and you should always get the option to add more pages.

Brilliant - flipping brilliant ! just changed the setting and all good now.

Closing the thread - and going to look at the sticky at the top "Before you make yourself look like a plonker"..... :rob

Back
Top Bottom