Conti Road attack 3

Test here ... (for those who have dealers who actually listen to the customer)

http://www.conti-bike.co.uk/motorrad-sport-touring-tyre-test-2017/

It's not just about the corners... this kind of braking performance could save your bacon one day ; Significant ( imho)

The ContiRoadAttack 3 also scored 91 points from a possible 100 in the wet, stopping dead in just 43.8 metres from a speed of 100kph on a soaked handling track. To highlight the big improvement’s we’ve made in wet weather performance with this latest tyre, that distance is 1.5 metres less than the 45.3 metres achieved by Metzeler’s Roadtec 01 which was considered to be the class leading tyre last year. It’s also one metre shorter than Michelin’s acclaimed Pilot Road 4.

Well Luther ...unexpectedly ....so have I !

This evening, I carefully fuelled and handed back the dealers gorgeous loan bike (an amazing K1600), paid my £354 and road home on my GS in the drizzle.

I popped my R1200GS in the garage to wipe it down and admire my new tyres. I'm astonished to see, they have fitted Trail Attack 2 NOT the requested new 2017 Road Attack 3

I'm not sure what the difference is ... but I'm miffed with them!

It was put in writing that I wanted Road Attack 3 (since they were the German test winners) and the dealer did reply on Monday by email acknowledging my request ! I like things to be in black and white ! (no room for error , I hoped !)

I'm glad I took that step. They will have to change them.

I can do without the trips to and from the dealer ... Why dont people do things properly these days??

At the moment I can't find a rear to fit the GS over here from the usual online suppliers

Maybe the same over there

leadfarmer... you are correct.

Yep; apparently the 19inch front for the GS is currently in production. But none exist in the UK.
If you don't take your GS off road, and like road tyres.... it looks like the Road Attack 3 is the latest and best tyre to go for. (It's not all about "cornering grip", these can give stopping distances 2m shorther than current competitive tyres.)

My dealer has apologised for the confusion and offered to swap them out ! You have to love BMW dealers, trusted and exemplary.

Welcome back Stuart . ♥️♥️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With respect you dont seem to know what you're talking about. Until recently I owned a K1600GT as well as a GSA. They are very different bikes with different strengths and weaknesses but one thing is for sure, the K16 gives as much riding pleasure in its own way as a GS/GSA. The 6 cylinder engine is a joy to use unlike the box of spanners fitted in the GS/GSA and the K16's handling is remarkable considering its size and weight. Oh yes and you can read the instruments unlike on the GS/GSA

Morning the reason for my comment is , the !600 along with the RT as well just seem to put you in this bubble , my wife said once after trying the bike as pillion , may as well have taken the car , she was bored ( so was I) .
The GS however , she never gets bored as she is involved with the whole riding experience , etc and will happily sit there all day , day after day , mile after mile , corner after corner. Only my opinion tho.

Oh The dealer has messed up good there.

Before they take your old/new tyres off a cheeky offer for the Attack 2s has got to go in surely!!?? And still get the 3s fitted.

Next time I change I'm tempted to try the 3s but I do tend to think don't fix what's not broken.

Before you get them changed test them on a stretch of road with a note of your settings and then do the same with the 3s? Be good to hear if you feel much difference.

Years ago in my youth riding like Wayne Rainy (or so we thought) I would always go for what at the time was a pair of the Michelin High Sports. One of the rated tyres at the time.
Mick would out ride us all. Faster, Corner like his bit of tarmac had it's own berm, Out brake all of us. All of this with his girlfriend on the back.

One day looking at his Lego brick tyres I asked why don't you get a better tyre? Mick Work don't they!!! I couldn't really say much.

Cheers

Luther

Well Luther ...unexpectedly ....so have I !

This evening, I carefully fuelled and handed back the dealers gorgeous loan bike (an amazing K1600), paid my £354 and road home on my GS in the drizzle.

I popped my R1200GS in the garage to wipe it down and admire my new tyres. I'm astonished to see, they have fitted Trail Attack 2 NOT the requested new 2017 Road Attack 3

I'm not sure what the difference is ... but I'm miffed with them!

It was put in writing that I wanted Road Attack 3 (since they were the German test winners) and the dealer did reply on Monday by email acknowledging my request ! I like things to be in black and white ! (no room for error , I hoped !)

I'm glad I took that step. They will have to change them.

I can do without the trips to and from the dealer ... Why dont people do things properly these days??

Back
Top Bottom