Dainese Pants - Which?

PhaedrusMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I don't / wouldn't normally ask a "What should I buy?" kind of question, but I'm torn between two Dainese textile pants. Any thoughts from the collective?

https://www.motocard.com/en/pants-2/dainese-d_stormer_d_dry_black_black_001.aspx

https://www.motocard.com/en/pants-2/dainese-drake_air_d_dry_black_black_white_948.aspx

I currently have Dainese Tempest D-Dry textile pants (https://www.motocard.com/en/pants-2/dainese-tempest_d_dry_nero_dark_gull_gray_n11.aspx) and a pair of Dainese leathers. The Tempest rain liner is not removable, so they get pretty clammy on these warmer days.

Both the D-Stormer and Drake Air D-Dry pants have big mesh panels and the rain liners are removable. The difference is that the D-Stormer's mesh panels have a zip-over panel to cover them up, whereas the Drake Air D-Dry mesh panels are permanently exposed.

I don't regard garments with internal rain liners to be as optimal as laminated garments, but I'm already in that non-laminated world, so until I amass some wealth, I'm sticking with where I am.

My jacket is a D-Stormer (https://www.motocard.com/en/jackets/dainese-d_stormer_d_dry_nero_dark_gull_gray_p65.aspx) so the D-Stormer pants arguably make most sense, and that's where I'm leaning.

I leave the rain liner out of my jacket most of the time, and use a light rain shell jacket & pants for heavy or persistent rain. I'd likely do the same with the new pants.

So, any opinions or comments?

D-Stormer pants.

And who are you trying to kid................. you're always at the riding gear threads!! 😂

Sent from a OnePlusX.

A bit like myself...... I think I'm a Textilholic!

Sent from a OnePlusX.

I ride in the travel guard gtx. They are a bit skinny in the leg but are very comfy and quite stretchy only downside is they are a bit of a struggle to get over chunky boots. What ever you do avoid the galvestone mine leaked at the crotch and I'm told by dainese Manchester they had quite a few come back.

im a dainese man too, love there gear. I use the Dainese Bruce textile pants. These are around 4 years old now and have never leaked, the internal lining is removable for when its warm .

I was looking at replacing them soon and the D stormer pants are top of the list. to me between your two items the D stormer makes more sense and would get more use. the D Air ones would be great in hot weather ,how many times do we get that here? they are more geared towards continental riding ,Spain or Italy were they are designed etc.

Enjoy the sleepless night over your decision . D stormer is the way to go bud

Seems to me the Drake Air D-Dry has marginally more/better venting than D-Stormer, but as the D-Stormer's thigh mesh panels can be covered up, they're more versatile/less single-purpose.

I wear either Alpinestars Roam II boots or Gaerne GX-1 EVO boots, so ideally I'd like the pants to be able to go either over or inside my boots as required. The Drake Air D-Dry pants look too snug in the calf to go over the Gaerne boots.

It's all pointing to the D-Stormers. Popping in to bike shop on Thursday. I'll be sure to update - I know y'all will be waiting with bated breath.

Jaysus...... I'm tempted to pop into Bikeworld to witness the decision making process!!

Sent from a OnePlusX.

I can only give a time window - can't guarantee exact time. Sorry. Between 12 and 2pm. I can take pics for anyone who can't make it...

D-Stormer en route from supplier. Should have them in 3 weeks. I'll have to sweat it out in my leather troos till then.

No D-Stormer or Drake Air D-Dry in stock, so couldn't get a hands-on with either of them, but after watching heythisisanthonywithrevzillatv review them both, D-Stormer is the more logical choice. Captain.

3 weeks......... somebody must be walking them over from Italy 🇮🇹!!

On a serious note.............if that runs into August, yer fecked until September!! (the lads in Italy like to take August off)

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Road freight. Could be less, but they said up to three weeks. None of the www shops had D-Stormer pants in my size in stock, so may as well go local. D-Stormer is aparrently an older product.

I'd hope that ordering them yesterday will see them leave Italy before August... :eek:

I ride in the travel guard gtx. They are a bit skinny in the leg but are very comfy and quite stretchy only downside is they are a bit of a struggle to get over chunky boots.

I also use Travelguard. Don't worry about 'slim fit' they will fit fat bastards but as Blueranger says, they are a bit snug around the boots

Back
Top Bottom