Finally getting to do it

Lancstony

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've posted on here before sometime ago and I'm now back as I'm finally getting to buy a GS Adventure, so thought I'd say hello again

My local dealer is currently waiting for a second hand one to come in then hopefully we will be doing a deal, but whatever happens on that one I've decided now is the time to finally get my dream bike so I will be getting an adventure at some point in the next week or two.

I'm 41, recently single, no kids and lots of adventures I need to get planned and ticked off

Anyway I'll keep you informed on my progress

Tony

Welcome along Tony, hope you find a good one and start tickling off those adventures

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hiya and thanks for the replies, I would just like to ask a quick question, the initial deal i was hoping for has fallen through however i have seen a 2015 GS Adventure TE with full panniers etc up for just short of £14k, but it has 10,000 miles on the clock, now I know these bikes are made for doing high mileage so am I making a bigger deal out of this than i should be doing? the bike is in Olive green which i think looks superb and everything else is bang on, its just this mileage is nagging at the back of my mind.

What would your views be on it?

I don't know about prices in england so I'll let someone else answer to that but the mileage is nothing to worry about,

I've done just over 10,000km (6500 miles) on my 2016 in 18 months which is probably average for a lot of folks

Hiya and thanks for the replies, I would just like to ask a quick question, the initial deal I was hoping for has fallen through however i have seen a 2015 GS Adventure TE with full panniers etc up for just short of £14k,

Is it a 15 plate or 65 plate. If its a 15 plate it arguably could be about a £500-£1000 too high....

10K miles is sod all just have a really good look for corrosion on the engine and heads, especially where the rocker covers mate to the barrell bodies on the underside.

Its a 15 plate, thanks for the advice i will have a look at those, going to view it this weekend, is from a BMW dealer but i will still check anyway

Just recently purchased a 2015 R1200 GS TE from Manchester BMW with 10K on so just run in, for 11.5K with vario panniers and top box.Did you check the BMW used listings its usually the best way of finding one and they offer 2 years warrenty and breakdown cover?
http://www.bmwapprovedusedbikes.co.uk/bmwuk/aub/homepage/

Attachments

• 95d637c17aaf09e9fe29d53e7efb4e5b.jpg
    95d637c17aaf09e9fe29d53e7efb4e5b.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 212
Thanks for that link i didnt use that i just looked on the dealer website, will have a further search and see what comes up but now i'm not too fussed about the mileage but seems the price may just be a little high but i can see if they can do anything on that for me anyway

Cheers again

I found rainbow in Rotherham to be the cheapest around this way. Worth the hike over there. When you get it give me shout if you fancy I ride.

Cheers thanks for that, I'll be in touch once I'm all sorted, hopefully will have something sorted this week be anyway and then will just be a matter of picking it up with a bit of luck

Back
Top Bottom