Camp sites on Sat Navs

Treeman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Excuse my lack of awareness but have always been old school (maps) within my previous touring but next trip is through many European countries and finding a camp site has often been a stressfully (exciting) time at end of day.
So my question is do most bike-specific Navs have campsites listed and has anyone experience of which ones offer more help and info?
Currently looking at buying something like a Tomtom 400 or Garmin 395.

Garmin certainly have camp sites as points of interest, also really good software for planning routes and overnight stops before you go.

Downloads here...

EUROPE'S LARGEST AND MOST ACCURATE WEBSITE FOR DOWNLOADING POI's OF CAMPSITES

:thumb2

I had a look at this a while ago. I installed the POIs in Basecamp on a separate list so it didn't clutter the screen.
If installed on the Nav V can the list be viewed just as a favourite or are the POIs visible all the time.

I use a garmin car sat nav ,go into catagories and select lodging scroll down and select camping and caravan sites

Do I use POI Loader to add these to me device/computer, or is there an other way?

cheers

D.

Thanks for the replys, I'll go out and get myself one.

Was going to look in the For Sale section but seems I'm not allowed to look! I understand non subscribers can't sell but maybe if they can look to buy it will help the forum? Shame as I'd rather give a forum member the sale than someone on eBay.

Thanks for the replys, I'll go out and get myself one.

Was going to look in the For Sale section but seems I'm not allowed to look! I understand non subscribers can't sell but maybe if they can look to buy it will help the forum? Shame as I'd rather give a forum member the sale than someone on eBay.

Stop complaining and join. You will save the £12 you pay on the cost of your satnav.....

A thing to be aware of with the campsite POI's on Archies is that if it doesn't have a phone number listed with the POI it could very well be a overnight parking area with no facilities for camper vans, found this out the hard way but still put the tent up on the tarmac because I couldn't arsed looking for another campsite.

Phil.

Hi I think it’s worth mentioning Garmin 395 I have one, pretty good BUT be aware it sometimes do funny things and I had the same response from a friend... say you select the explore option it might take you down the off ramps over the bridge make a u turn and go back to the same rd. And say you use normal but fastest route in Wales you’ll end up going through all the small back lanes in the middle of nowhere! And take twice as long,I like it and it’s takin me just about everywhere in Europe but I’ll say it’s hard to recommend.

And not to forget certain campsites are nudist only, when you ride up you get a shock, how do I know that...........:confused:

I have used the listed campsites on my old zumo 550 quite a lot, sometimes the campsites are nowhere near the place it takes you too or they appear to be nonexistent, 9 times out of ten they are fine though,my nav V has been a little better with easier search facilities.
I have used the campingcard acsi for a number of years, mostly very good campsites with facilities and sat nav coordinates in the book along with their location on a map which is handy.

Find Archies a great product for European use but here in the UK many of the sites logged are Caravan club mega sites or certified locations for camper vans. Still a great app but be careful and do your homework first.

Find Archies a great product for European use but here in the UK many of the sites logged are Caravan club mega sites or certified locations for camper vans. Still a great app but be careful and do your homework first.

These campsites are marked with CC or CL, so I think it should be a problem to separate these campsites from all the others.
Archie
www.archiescampings.eu

archies campsites

These campsites are marked with CC or CL, so I think it should be a problem to separate these campsites from all the others.
Archie
www.archiescampings.eu

"These campsites are marked with CC or CL, so I think it should be a problem to separate these campsites from all the others."

Thanks Archie, thins through UK map our quite a bit if you dicounts these sites.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom