Low speed manoeuvring...

Malcvtr

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just came back from a trip to France on the Street Glide. Did just over 2,000 miles and feel I know the bike a bit better now. But... it's a heavy bastard two-up with luggage. Low speed, tight manoeuvres (e.g. narrow underground hotel car park) felt awkward to say the least. Riding down twisty farm tracks with gravel/grass/mud (thanks to the fucking satnav "fastest route") led to extreme butt clenching... Sound familiar to anyone else?

Thoughts? Number one, I guess, is to burn the bike and walk away, buy a nice Ford Fiesta and forget about biking forever.

Let the piss-taking commence :thumb2

Ahh! The first piss take :beerjug:
Heading out on the Harley tonight, so looking forward to reading more words of wisdom later :rob

Just came back from a trip to France on the Street Glide. Did just over 2,000 miles and feel I know the bike a bit better now. But... it's a heavy bastard two-up with luggage. Low speed, tight manoeuvres (e.g. narrow underground hotel car park) felt awkward to say the least. Riding down twisty farm tracks with gravel/grass/mud (thanks to the fucking satnav "fastest route") led to extreme butt clenching... Sound familiar to anyone else?

Thoughts? Number one, I guess, is to burn the bike and walk away, buy a nice Ford Fiesta and forget about biking forever.

Let the piss-taking commence :thumb2

Maybe you're not fat enough to ride one. More weight pushes the rear wheel into the road and gives more stability, hence why most Harley riders are 20st +

Tyre pressures - have to be bob on - I run 42psi front and rear - handles fine at low speed..

Having met you Malc, these fucking fat flaccids wont be in a position to offer advice mate..
If you didn't fall off under those conditions then you should be a hog riding god in their clique:beerjug:

Err...depends on tyres..Avons are more pressure sensitive..and higher pressure.. other than that... man the fuck up..

Yep, that's what I was thinking. Eat more raw meat, lift weights, get in fights. Should sort me out :beerjug:

Having met you Malc, these fucking fat flaccids wont be in a position to offer advice mate..
If you didn't fall off under those conditions then you should be a hog riding god in their clique:beerjug:

Haha. Cheers mate. Crikey, that ride out was a long time ago now - but good fun :beerjug:

You can do it, you just have not acquired the confidence to do so.....The bikes are low to the ground, so take no picking up, so just do it.

I think you have hit the central problem. I don't want to drop the fucker :D

Maybe you're not fat enough to ride one. More weight pushes the rear wheel into the road and gives more stability, hence why most Harley riders are 20st +

I like this idea. Eat more pies, fish and chips and cream cakes. I'll get right on it!

Back
Top Bottom