Go in for a service and end up with a new GSA

Daxaar

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Took my 2013 GS LC in for service today and started chatting with the sales guy about a nice low mileage 2015 GSA they had on the floor. We did some numbers and the price to swap for a brand new one was only £1500 more. The price they offered me for mine made the final swap price too good to resist so I pick up a new 2017 GSA in red (of course!) with GSAP, Keyless and a top box next Saturday. :beerjug:

That'll give me a few weeks to get it run in before I head to Europe for a few weeks. :thumb2

Wow!
You moved from a 2013 GS LC to a 2017 GSA with just an extra £1500 payment?
I must be missing something?
Like the ability to haggle...

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Jules, your just missing the information in the first post.
He said the difference between changing to a 15 bike , or going full out on new was only 1500 of a difference.

Very nice.

Thats how they got me. The difference between second hand and brand new wasn't enough gap. So bought brand new.

What they didn't tell me was the £5,000 on top of that as a result of THIS BLOODY FORUM.

Oh you'll need this, and that, and this....

Love you all really xx

Oh and don't even think about buying anything second hand in the For Sale section.

Unless you've got instincts like Bruce Lee and reactions like Usain Bolt.

Hope the same doesn't happen to me this Wednesday
Mine is in for service & I've booked a 2017 1200 GSA TB for the day :blast

Hope the same doesn't happen to me this Wednesday
Mine is in for service & I've booked a 2017 1200 GSA TB for the day :blast

Rainbow? I was in there yesterday, took a K16 for a test ride but didn't buy it.
Sancha was asking after you. :love

Congrats to the OP. Be safe, be happy, be healthy & enjoy your new bike. :thumb2

Rainbow? I was in there yesterday, took a K16 for a test ride but didn't buy it.

I remember you were looking a while back, I recently picked up a 16 reg GT on a private sale I've been impressed with it so far :thumb2

I remember you were looking a while back, I recently picked up a 16 reg GT on a private sale I've been impressed with it so far :thumb2

Yip, I have fancied one for a while. I was all set to pull the trigger last year but Sarah had a major op. so everything was put on hold.
I liked the bike I took out yesterday but it was a bit tatty & rusty & the deal wasn't particularly inspiring so no more was done.
My fiscal circumstances have changed as well so I'm no longer able to have both the K16 & the GSA (should have bought last year when I had the cash) & I'm finding the thought of parting with the GSA just too hard.

I'm pleased you're liking yours - they really are terrific bikes.

Yip, I have fancied one for a while. I was all set to pull the trigger last year but Sarah had a major op. so everything was put on hold.
I liked the bike I took out yesterday but it was a bit tatty & rusty & the deal wasn't particularly inspiring so no more was done.
My fiscal circumstances have changed as well so I'm no longer able to have both the K16 & the GSA (should have bought last year when I had the cash) & I'm finding the thought of parting with the GSA just too hard.

I'm pleased you're liking yours - they really are terrific bikes.

It's a great bike though I'm not sure I'd want it as my only bike. I got it at a very good price and thought I'd see how it went and then decide wether the GSA stay's and it will be doing so as it's more suited to the day to day use I need.

Back
Top Bottom