Shoei Neotec or Schuberth C4

sethmopp

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just trawling for comments about these helmets. I tried both on last weekend and the fit is identical in the same sizes, not much difference in price either, only obvious difference seems to be that the Schuberth has bluetooth built in. What are they like on long journeys and over a longer period of time? I used to have a C3 a few years ago and the fit never altered but the only Shoei I had was around 1990 so nothing to compare.

Just trawling for comments about these helmets. I tried both on last weekend and the fit is identical in the same sizes, not much difference in price either, only obvious difference seems to be that the Schuberth has bluetooth built in. What are they like on long journeys and over a longer period of time? I used to have a C3 a few years ago and the fit never altered but the only Shoei I had was around 1990 so nothing to compare.

I've had both and for me,fit is nothing like identical in same sizes !!! I've been a Shoei L forever but had to go up to an XL in the Schuberth as couldn't even get the L on !

Both good helmets.

Went for the C4 after using Neotec as liked the SC1 comms option.

Expensive but I prefer C4/SC1 to Neotec and Packtalk which was previous set up.

I think C4 is a tad quieter and feels plusher.

Hi Sethmopp,
I have had both, Neotec for over four years and C4 for about two weeks. Neotec superb helmet, very comfortable but a fair bit more wind noise than the C4. I did get a size smaller with the C4 as the 58-59 was a bit too big. Built in comms is great, nothing stuck on side of helmet and no microphone boom. However it does pinch the top of my ears after a couple of hours. I do wear glasses so this is probably the cause and it is getting better each time I use it.
All in all my choice would be the C4 as long as it continues to ease in. Plus I suffer from tinnitus and for that reason alone it makes it a winner.
At the end of the day you won't be disappointed with either.

Allan

So definitely try before you buy as some of us went up a size in C4 and some down a size compared to Shoei. How does that work ?

From memory , Shoei L is 59-60 but Schuberth L is 58-59 and XL is 60-61.

I'm a 60 (ish) hence going a size up in Schuberth

Whichever you chose I'd also recommend checking the prices out from Pete at Just Helmets. Top service.

I did a year back and bought an N44, which I like but has bedded in a fair bit, so although still OK comfy does move about a bit which bugs me, still apparently safe though. Also tried a System 7 but a join in the lining on the forehead feels uncomfortable. I'd just tried on the two back to back at a "local" dealer who doesn't normally stock Schuberth.

and the fit is identical in the same sizes, not much difference in price either,

Bearing in mind that I paid £350 for a Neotec at the London Bike show in January, I reckon I could buy 2 BT-equipped Neotecs for the price a a single C4 with comms.

I am not dismissing the quality. finish and convenience of the C4 system, merely commenting on the price.

I was going to hang on longer and maybe try the show, the dealer I was at had them priced only £50 differently and the Schuberth was bluetooth equipped (or ready), hence the dilemma / question. At only £350 there'd be no question :)

I would go C4 as the chin material section is removable for summer whereas the neotec's is fixed. I own a Neotec and a C3 pro. C3 pro gets more chin air as a result in summer

Back
Top Bottom