Anyone running catless headers

GB.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone done this on a LC and was it worth it, did it on my hex head and made a massive difference?

There much better than fitting a can, and no flappy thing to seize up on you :beerjug:

Fitted MIV headers good quality and better than end can. Just remove cables from actuator for exhaust .

Lots of folk here have fitted them. The most popular and expensive being Acroapovic.
Pipes will add some more noise and smooth things a bit but don't add any appreciable power.

I did catless headers on 3 of my aircooled R1200's and it added great sound and throttle response. I recently added Remus headers on my 2017 LC and the result was pretty underwhelming. There is more bark and growl over 5000rpm, but under that the restrictive muffler really limits sound. The engine feels slightly more responsive, but again not as much as on my aircooled bikes.

Keep in mind that the 2017 factory mufflers are Euro4 and quieter than Euro3 mufflers for <2017 bikes (different part numbers from BMW)

It seems that you may need to do both headers and muffler, or only the muffler.

I ordered the new SC Project muffler to resolve things + Hilltop tune.
SC%20Project.jpg

I have the remus headers and standard can ,
it sounds good and feels more responsive,
it was allready re mapped,,,,,,runs consistently 5 mpg better than my pals identical gs,
roamer

Full Akra tI system on my 2017 Rallye, along with a Hilltop remap. The perfect combination.:beerjug:

Lots of folk here have fitted them. The most popular and expensive being Acroapovic.
Pipes will add some more noise and smooth things a bit but don't add any appreciable power.

If you think Akra is expensive you should look at Good Fabs. That's what made me think Akra was fair value and made my mind up for me!

In order of effectiveness for power.
Note as well that the cost of each item gets more expensive in the same order, the best pound for bang by far is a remap.
1. remap
2. headers
3. end can.
This is only part of the story, a remap really smooths things out and gives the bike a good increase in torque right through the rev range and usually 3-4 mor mpg as a bonus as you can normally run a gear higher. Adding the headers and end can will make a difference at the top end. If you a regularly doing track days or chasing KTM's it is a defo.
Down sides.
1. warranty problems. It is possible but we have yet to see that situation arise yet.
2. rear tyres get a hard time of it.

Yep! Did it on Saturday, took the flappy valve off(got a error on the dash)which I ain't bothered about
Then set to cutting the exhaust in half knocking out cat and rewelding it back together IMO it's loads better louder seems to rev freer I did the same on my hex with the same results.... go for it easy and chea!

Yep! Did it on Saturday, took the flappy valve off(got a error on the dash)which I ain't bothered about
Then set to cutting the exhaust in half knocking out cat and rewelding it back together IMO it's loads better louder seems to rev freer I did the same on my hex with the same results.... go for it easy and chea!
If you disconnect the cables from the little black box, seal up the holes left and reattach the black box there is no error code. This is the way most do it.

Back
Top Bottom