Newer bike with higher mileage or older bike with less mileage?

RigsVille

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm looking 2 bikes and would appreciate any feedback.

Should I go for a newer bike (2010) with over 30K miles or an older one (2007) with fewer miles (14K)

Both bikes have FSH and the same price?

I read somewhere that the newer ones are better than the older ones and that 30K miles is very low mileage anyway?

I may have missed it somewhere...is it a 1200GS ? If so, the 2010 should be a twin cam, far better than the earlier model BUT go on condition and how well looked after they both are. 30k is nothing for a 7 year old bike

How can I tell if it's a twin cam?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You need to do a bit more homework, Rig, to make sure you get the best bike for your money. Just the mileage difference isn't a good enough reason for these two bikes to be the same money. Extras? Condition? Look nationwide at prices.

Good luck finding the right bike.

Quick way to tell is the plug covers. On the twin cam they are vertical, on the earlier models they are horizontal.

I would say twin cam every day ............ gearbox feels much better, engine is nicer and no bloody fuel strip .

But as said look at overall condition and spec as well.

Also depends on budget I've seen quite a few r1200gs models which seem to have become 'keepers ' at local delaers they have been up for sale for so long

:beerjug:c
Thanks for everyone's posts, I ended up with the 2010 twin cam and loving it!

Only just seen this post, good decision I'm sure, great mirage muncher with bullet proof engine which is still used in new Bmw's today..

Now to fettle it with gizmos & gadgets..
Good luck & enjoy..

Back
Top Bottom