HUBB 2017

Bungy

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to attend the Horizons Unlimited event this year and meet up with friends that I met at the Dent meet this year and last. I took full advantage of a four day weekend available to me and with the bike all packed up on Wednesday, I set off early on Thursday morning. This was to be my first foray into Wales on a bike, I had heard that the roads were good but time would tell.

I chose a nice steady route through Salisbury and devices heading towards but not through Bristol and on to the Severn Bridge.
The thing that struck me first after crossing the Severn Bridge was the lack of traffic and the quality of the roads, it was looking good.

Arriving at Baskerville Hall it was bright and sunny with plenty already there. Registration was quick and easy.

I pitched the tent and went for a nice cold Kronenburg and a mooch around, trade stands were already setup.

The view from my tent with the Tenerere belonging to a nice fella who had prepped it for an extended USA trip.

Friday had me exploring the local area and heading off in the general direction of Brecon and it wasn't a disappointment.

I did about 100 miles just enjoying the scenery and the ride with no time limits or plan but I did spot a Lidl and stopped to buy some food, glad that I'd left the top box on.

when I got back a lot more had arrived and set up in the top field, I was tucked away in the lower field.

That evening I had a call round for dinner with six of us around the table in a motorhome, plenty of room and a lovely meal which meant it was time for beer and check out the live band.

Saturday had me awake early with the glorious sunshine (I think it was today that I sunburnt my feet wearing flip flops) and checking the maps for a direction to ride. My camping neighbours suggested the Elan valley and the mountain road to Aberwystwith. It was a beautiful day and glorious scenery.

Elan valley.

The mountain road to Aberwystwith.

True to form I did get lost by putting the wrong postcode into the satnav but easily sorted, it did mean I found some more amazing roads on the way back.

The rest of the afternoon was spent watching the various competitions and soaking up the sun (did I mention I burnt my feet?) and going for a curry in a nearby village in the evening.

A fairly quiet evening for me despite the entertainment laid on as I wanted to get away early on Sunday.
a big thanks to Steve, Lee, Terry and the legend that is Frank for a really enjoyable weekend and Jane for cooking us dinner.

And I almost forgot, Steve found a bike that almost let him touch his feet flat on the ground.

i now need to go back and explore some more....

Last edited:
Nice one Bungy, glad you enjoyed the venue, turns! And roads around mid Wales.

Steve
Ps I could really flat foot the bobber!

Back
Top Bottom