2006 GS, what and how Sat Nav

Adventure Uk

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have tried searching the forums for answers but to no avail it all seems overwhelming but I have a 06 GS and want to fit a nav unti above the clocks as seems to be a bar there.

Trouble what one and how do I wire it in. I'm not to bothered about cost i just want the best one available i have seen the BMW nav one that comes with the 2017 GS [option] is that available for mine and would all the functions work, such as tyre pressures and all bike characteristics or would it just literally be the nav function as if so I guess i could save a packet by buying another make, then theres the how do i hard wire it option, thanks in advance guys..

ps can i fit a usb port to my bike somewhere to charge my phone?

Kind Regards
Lee

Hi Guys,

I have tried searching the forums for answers but to no avail it all seems overwhelming but I have a 06 GS and want to fit a nav unti above the clocks as seems to be a bar there.

Trouble what one and how do I wire it in. I'm not to bothered about cost i just want the best one available i have seen the BMW nav one that comes with the 2017 GS [option] is that available for mine and would all the functions work, such as tyre pressures and all bike characteristics or would it just literally be the nav function as if so I guess i could save a packet by buying another make, then theres the how do i hard wire it option, thanks in advance guys..

ps can i fit a usb port to my bike somewhere to charge my phone?
Kind Regards
Lee
I've just taken a garmin zumo 590 off my r1200gs. It fitted on the bar above the clocks and was hard wired to the bike. It has a USB connector as part of the cradle loom. I'm just about to advertise it for sale in the for sale section on here. PM me if you want to talk about it.
Alan R

Have you had a look in the GPS forum? I have found a few solutions to GPS questions in there.

I use a Garmin with a Migsel ram mount. Fits nicely on the bar just under the screen. There are two versions for the early and later GS, so check before you buy.
Power source for a sat nav is no problem. There's a three pin connector down the right side of the steering head, looking from the seat. You can buy the plug from Nippy Normans and it connects into the harness that comes with your sat nav.
Works with the canbus, powers up with the ignition and powers down 30 seconds after the ignition goes off.

Back
Top Bottom