And she's home! :-)

Great post - enjoyed the storytelling. I guess VRT is the cost to put Irish plates on - is it hefty?

Yup VRT or Vehicle Registration Tax is a contrived revenue income stream that our government currently enjoys. For bikes it's calculated through the engine capacity and age of the bike. It's €2 per cc up to 350cc and then €1 per cc after that. The total from this is then multiplied by a percentage, so a bike between 3 months and 1 year old will cost 90% of the original total, a bike over 1 year old will be 80% of this total and so on. So my GS registered in October last year will cost €1368 to re-register. And to make things even juicer, if the bike is not at least 6 months old (since first registration) and has at least 6000kms on it, VAT will be charged at 23% of the overall value of the bike (including the VRT cost), as it is considered to be new and not 'second hand'. Gotta love the powers that be eh?

Great review fantastic roads and Sorry missed you ! But was lots and lots of bikers there! was in betws all weekend riding the area .
Yes bloody hot but what views!
We went long way home on Sunday betws to criccieth then to barmouth then aberdovey then long way to wife sis in pembridge for cool down then home to alcester.

Bike great looking at doing the dales north York moors next

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing your journey and enthusiasm! Fantastic looking bike. Great choice.

Enjoy Hatcho, nice bike.
Did the trip from Leeds in cold wet November with my 2016 TE
Left Galway at 02:00 and was back here at 20:00 that evening.
Same VRT but I suppose you sort of get it back when you sell.

Enjoy Hatcho, nice bike.
Did the trip from Leeds in cold wet November with my 2016 TE
Left Galway at 02:00 and was back here at 20:00 that evening.
Same VRT but I suppose you sort of get it back when you sell.

I suppose I shouldn't be complaining about how hot the trip home was! That was quite trip you did - I went for the soft option with an overnight at a mates and then a nice bimble home through the twisties of Snowdonia. Not looking forward to the VRT payment, but the bike will still be worth every penny I paid for it. Gonna be over your neck of the woods at the end of the month when I bring a few heads from the UK over to Galway and then down through Clare and onto Killarney. Any offerings to the weather goods is most appreciated! :)

Lovely report Hatcho.
Many of my Bikes have been "Swimmers" :D - the last being my (R100)GS.
We got her in Frankfurt and took a week to get home! :eek: :D
We also took the scenic route through Wales and by the time we got home (Mrs Og HAD to come too of course :thumb ) i had, to put it mildly 'gelled' with the Bike. :augie:green gri
.... it IS a lovely feeling innit? - that ride home on your new Bike. :bounce1

ENJOY! :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom