Mirror swap?

Bobbin-Man

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Some advice needed .... I'm intending to swap the crappy round mirrors on my '06 GS to the ones used on the F800/GSLC, plenty of comments on here about how much better the new style mirrors are. But do I need to look for the new type mirror from any particular model? The mirrors on the LC appear often to have plain base ends rather than threaded, some of the F800 versions are threaded but it's not entirely clear. I've not removed a mirror from mine yet to investigate the size of the thread or what the mount setup is, but it doesn't seem quite as straightforward as I initially thought, that is unless I'm missing something obvious! :comfort

I bought two used mirrors advertised for a GSLC on eBay and they were a straight swap (onto a 2007 GS).

Good improvement over the original round things.

The mirrors on my 08 hex are fine. Plain - boring - don't like the rubber sleeve that splits - etc. They do the job.

Do they work with the aux light switch on the left hand switchgear? A lot I've looked at say they don't :) cheers

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I've got a 2010 GS and swapped the mirrors. Got a used set from eBay for about £60. No issues with the switch gear as I have the aux light switch on the left bar. They do seem to sit lower than the original ones but look so much better. Same as these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R1200...638046?hash=item1a2eb3155e:g:~f8AAOSww9xZFvLd

(Can put a picture of the left one if you want to see the clearance with the switch)

Cheers. :thumb

Ive just fitted these to my 62plate TC, made a huge improvement.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-Mirro...092389?hash=item3ae7903b25:g:5noAAOSw6ShZQnNE

And way cheaper than buying from NN. Although I had to wait a bit for delivery.

Mine just arrived from China. Only a week to get them!
Seem to be well made and come with a stainless steel allen bolt to fix to the original mounting. As far as I can tell, big improvement in rear view and solidly mounted. Get a chance to try them properly tomorrow.
No issues with clearing the auxiliary light switch on the right bar.
Had fancied a pair of these for a while but too tight to pay the silly money asked for by the usual sources. Bargain at £11.99.

Mine just arrived from China. Only a week to get them!
Seem to be well made and come with a stainless steel allen bolt to fix to the original mounting. As far as I can tell, big improvement in rear view and solidly mounted. Get a chance to try them properly tomorrow.
No issues with clearing the auxiliary light switch on the right bar.
Had fancied a pair of these for a while but too tight to pay the silly money asked for by the usual sources. Bargain at £11.99.

post the link....

MIRROR EXTENDERS

had these for yonks, transferred on to each gs ive ever owned.
GSA 021.jpgGSA 022.jpg

I've got a pair of LC GS type oval mirrors on my '15 R Nine T I'd like to swap for the round ones fitted to TC GSs; or I'll buy them if you have them available.

Ta,

Iain

I've got a pair of LC GS type oval mirrors on my '15 R Nine T I'd like to swap for the round ones fitted to TC GSs; or I'll buy them if you have them available.

Ta,

Iain

Bump, please!

Back
Top Bottom