R75 Adventure...

Steve R

Reaction score
Pre G/S era guess at a BMW Adventure bike.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 608
Cheers. Was in a meeting this morning 10-12.30 that I'd rather not have been in so resorted to drawing. Thing is, my contributions were concise and well targeted, pissing quite a few people off. It must have helped! Try it, if you're unfortunate enough to be in a job that requires meetings.
Steve.

The first GS was based on an R75/5 and did well in some off road events well before the GS proper came out

Cheers. Was in a meeting this morning 10-12.30 that I'd rather not have been in so resorted to drawing. Thing is, my contributions were concise and well targeted, pissing quite a few people off. It must have helped! Try it, if you're unfortunate enough to be in a job that requires meetings.
Steve.

Agree.

Doodling/drawing helps my concentration in meetings and I find I can add 'valuable' comments.

Sam Manicons lady Birget rides an R60. I'd take a heavy flywheel bike over the later ones any day. Looks like you have drawn her bike :D

SchuenemannBirgit1959-1997-PeruvianDesert-500.jpg

1000x500-6.jpg

and of course Elspeth beard rode an R60.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7O4Xp6Qndfw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks Rob, that's exactly what I think I want to make. I've never owned a heavy flywheel BM. I'm imagining a style of adventure bike where it's not really the done thing to stand on the pegs, allowing a free hand for smoking a pipe.
Steve.

The GS came out just as I was preparing for this trip, trouble was it originally only had a measily 11(?) litre fuel tank, not good for any proper adventures. The R80 was suprisingly good, but loaded and 2 up was a bit of a handfull in mud or sand.

Back
Top Bottom