Iceland just got even more expensive!

Grim Reaper

Reaction score
Just heard that Eimskip have upped their return prices from Immingham to Reykjavik by 25% this year, making shipping your bike to Iceland a whopping £904 + mandatory marine insurance. :eek:
Looks like this is a once in a lifetime trip.
Next year it's back to India I think.

Hardly but although all prices have risen it may be worth shopping around :)

I got busted for speeding in Iceland in a hire car, 260 Euros on the spot fine :blast

Plod had a forward facing radar next to his rear view mirror

That's very unlucky. When I did th trip that Mark and Tim led last year one Fi the locals told me I'm his district they had 1 policeman. When he goes on holidays no one notices as there's no crime. Some people didn't understand crime movies because why would people such horrible things..

Wonderful wonderful country, you must have been very unlucky to get ticketed.

Don't ride a bicycle in Iceland after a few beers either........ You'll loose your driving license

On my last cycling trip there(tenth to Iceland, taking the GS is too expensive and I'm hard as f*ck)

I had a really interesting 'chat' with a gorgeous blonde Police officer in Hofn(she really did look like the blonde one in Fortitude) Anyways they take cycling under the influence very seriously as seriously or even more seriously than in a car......... In a car you might crash or hit a reindeer but you've got airbags and all sorts of sh*t to save you whereas on a bike you might crash and hurt yourself!

I couldn't believe it, for years I've been pitching up at the local campsites or hotel then going out for a well deserved Humarpizza of tvo eda thrir Islensku bjor of redhjol heima til tjaldsteidi of allt er mjog gott bars ekki gott nuns Med Islensku Logreglan.......

FP.

its only money, leave it another year and it will be another 25% more expensive.

Think I paid £300 quid when i went for me and the BMW with stop off for a few days in Faroes :thumb2

Chris Evans was babbling about Iceland on R2 this am, and the consensus was, unanimous….it's the new costa del sol. for Brits.

Make the most of it, as tourism will probably cheapen the experience…it will end up being cheap to get there then the hordes will appear.

Hopefully there'll be a few volcano eruptions to deter them….before I get there.:rob

Went in end of April this year. Hired GS800's from Rekjavic. Price went up so only had them for 4 days. Weather was BAD. DON'T GO BIKING IN APRIL.

Was just perusing the Smyril Line’s website .
Picked some random dates next month and for one adult with bike , return from Hirtshals in Denmark to Seydisfjördur including meals was €1905 !!!
Yikes .

Chris Evans was babbling about Iceland on R2 this am, and the consensus was, unanimous….it's the new costa del sol. for Brits.

Make the most of it, as tourism will probably cheapen the experience…it will end up being cheap to get there then the hordes will appear.

Hopefully there'll be a few volcano eruptions to deter them….before I get there.:rob

Not sure it'll ever be the new 'Costa' as Iceland's an expensive place to visit so will deter a lot of people but yeah, speaking as somebody who's part of the problem, it's notably changed over the last three to four years. It's a big country with not many people so very easy to get away from the mading crowd but go to any of the 'tourist' spots and it's clear they are struggling to deal with the numbers of visitors (mostly Merkin & Chinese) .......

Andres

Not sure it'll ever be the new 'Costa' as Iceland's an expensive place to visit so will deter a lot of people but yeah, speaking as somebody who's part of the problem, it's notably changed over the last three to four years. It's a big country with not many people so very easy to get away from the mading crowd but go to any of the 'tourist' spots and it's clear they are struggling to deal with the numbers of visitors (mostly Merkin & Chinese) .......

Andres

You are of course replying to a post from 2017 ;-)

Did it ever turn into the Costas then?

OMG , my sides are splitting , I can’t stop laughing .

I know, it is a clasic, same with all the house wives going there, but it just has to be said, It's the LAW. Get over it.

Back
Top Bottom