Brake pedal bouncing

Rich1150

Reaction score
Hello
My 2017 GS which is running like a dream and showing no sign of rust has funny feedback through the brake pedal when braking hard.
The pedal bounces back on my foot. I know it has ABS pro etc but I dont see any lights flashing on the dash.
Is this normal ?

Thanks
Rich

Hello
My 2017 GS which is running like a dream and showing no sign of rust has funny feedback through the brake pedal when braking hard.
The pedal bounces back on my foot. I know it has ABS pro etc but I dont see any lights flashing on the dash.
Is this normal ?

Thanks
Rich

Sounds like the ABS when it activates it feels like a pulsing through the pedal

The brakes are linked so when you apply the front you are also applying the rear. If you then go for the rear with the front applied the pedal will kick back as you describe ;)

It's all perfectly normal :thumby:

I never find the need to use the back brake in normal riding as the front lever works both through the linked system. However if you do use it hard the ABS will kick in and you will feel it through the pedal.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Yes it's normal although it's bloody weird to begin with, even if you're used to linked brakes like on a Honda for example

You'll find yourself using the back brake a lot less on the GS unless you go off road

I find it useful, to know the grip limit on what i'm riding over. If it looks a bit slippy, apply the rear break until I get abs feedback.

Back
Top Bottom