Engine bars, a great alternative

snaponphil

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, I removed my Evotech engine bars from my old Gs Lc, refitted them straight onto my new Rallye with no modifications, the bonus is they're black already so no need to powder coat.
Also they're made of Aluminium with stainless frame fixings so after 3 years they suffered no corrosion.
Unfortunately I had a couple of minor 'offs' with these, so scratched the paint a tad, scuffed the alloy contact blocks but just gave them a coat of Matt black aerosol & they're like new again... (almost) The main thing is they didn't distort or damage the motorcycle frame..
I can't tell you (although I'm trying) how chuffed I am with these bars, & they fit all model years of Lc even the really early ones so if you come across a used set they'll fit..
link.. if it helps
https://evotech-performance.com/collections/bmw-r-1200-gs-motorcycle-parts/YEAR_2016

Attachments

• IMG_4306.JPG
    IMG_4306.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 998
  • IMG_4304.JPG
    IMG_4304.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 980
  • IMG_4305.JPG
    IMG_4305.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 1,020
It's such a shame that BMW didn't see fit to paint the rear sub-frame and main stand on the Rallye in the same blue as the front sub-frame !

Hi Snaponphil

I have had the evotech bars on my last three bikes,as you lads say a nice bit of kit.Glad to know they fit on the Rallye as Im very tempted .Great riding on your new toy .Cheers Dogmaboy

I have been informed that the bars have changed slightly from the first design & are more streamlined now.. (I still like mine tho)

I've never seen these before. They look much better than my scaffolding poles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never seen these before. They look much better than my scaffolding poles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Would have probably gone for them myself it I hadn't got 'scaffolding'. Possibly would want to look at them in the flesh though.

I can voucher for the Evotech products. I love the engine protection, subtle no well made.IMG_4669.jpgIMG_4668.jpgIMG_4667.jpg

Newer bars & engine cover

Stripey, I'm from louth.. small world..
These are the newer designed bars, mine have had a bit of use, they saved the bike more than once, but a fresh coat of paint & they've lived again..:beerjug::beerjug:

The Machineart Moto bloke does a video on his website wherever drops an LC on its side as a demo of his X-Heads cylinder protection. The impact point appears to be just about where the lower gap is in the above photos. I'm sure these guys have got their design right, but is there any similar video or some 'after' photos to demonstrate their effectiveness? Static photos of new ones don't really show whether they're any good.

The Machineart Moto bloke does a video on his website wherever drops an LC on its side as a demo of his X-Heads cylinder protection. The impact point appears to be just about where the lower gap is in the above photos. I'm sure these guys have got their design right, but is there any similar video or some 'after' photos to demonstrate their effectiveness? Static photos of new ones don't really show whether they're any good.

I can vouch for them, 2 minors & 1 sliding down road on a roundabout, I had to repaint them & rub down the alloy contact block but it's hidden well enough for me to put them on my new bike..
I saw a damaged gs the other day with bmw bars & it's written off as the bar broke a mounting lug off the engine, admittedly it was an harder impact than mine but nothing's ever perfect..

Back
Top Bottom