Gear shift Pro

Na, the capital C was intentionally omitted to be awarded to the first Cnnt that came on here to correct it . Looks like you are the lucky winner :)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Surely that should be Cnut.

GSAP is the best option ever. I use it for every gear change apart from the odd slow 1st to 2nd.
It does away with most clutch and brake activity.
Mega :D

Na, the capital C was intentionally omitted to be awarded to the first Cnnt that came on here to correct it . Looks like you are the lucky winner :) x

It's nah... NAH...

....But if people want to waste their money on expensive "look at me " accessories , crack on ....

A BMW R1200GS is the biggest expensive "look at me" accessory to start with !!

How can anyone take your statement seriously once you've crossed that line?

It's like a loony stood up in an asylum calling everyone else a loony.

Sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up

I was always told never to argue with an idiot as I would have to stoop to their level for them to understand . So carry on in your own little bubble.

A BMW R1200GS is the biggest expensive "look at me" accessory to start with !!

How can anyone take your statement seriously once you've crossed that line?

It's like a loony stood up in an asylum calling everyone else a loony.

Sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up

:jes:jes

I asked about retro fitting on my last GSA LC, was told that it was not a good idea as it was not as good as factory fitted.

I'm curious. How has this helped your riding? That is aimed towards anyone who has it of course.

I dont use the clutch on upshifts during spirited riding and downshifts, at least in dyna, are easily accomplished with some rev matching via blipping. The GS handles it as well as a sports bike as far as I can tell. Bit of a clunk going up from 1st to 2nd but thats it.

What am I missing here?

I'm curious. How has this helped your riding? That is aimed towards anyone who has it of course.

I

What am I missing here?

Seriously , go and get a test ride and see how good it is .

I dont use the clutch on upshifts during spirited riding and downshifts, at least in dyna, are easily accomplished with some rev matching via blipping. The GS handles it as well as a sports bike as far as I can tell. Bit of a clunk going up from 1st to 2nd but thats it.

What am I missing here?

You're not missing much except it's an automated process done electronically, instead of it being done manually.

When you use your method of upshifting, you have to roll off the throttle to take the load off the drive, then snick up a gear, then roll back on the throttle. It's elegant but slow.

With Gear Shift Assist Pro, I can be Wide Open Throttle and keep it there while I upshift. No way can you do that and be as consistantly reliable and safe. Even mid turn at speed. So its smooth (at high revs), convenient and fast when 'making progress'.

For me its another luxury touch. Like electronic suspension, heated grips, cruise control, none of it you need.

What am I missing here?

When you're coming down the box, you'll be pulling the clutch, changing gear, blipping the throttle and matching engine revs, again all very elegant but slow.

With Gear Shift Assist I can be heading into a corner at speed, bang down two gears with full engine braking and using front brake at the same time.

Its very effective and fast.

I use exactly your method on my Bandit 1250 and absolutely nothing wrong with it. Its elegant, and 'proper'.

But on BMW its faster and arguably more fun at speed.

Welcome to the new electronic age from an analogue past.

My bike doesn't have it and I can achieve smooth clutchless gear changes in both directions as long as I get it right.
When I took it in for its 600 mile service I got to play with a loan bike that had gear shift pro fitted, for a few hours. My conclusion is that it's one option I won't be adding because I don't feel the cost is proportional to the (in my opinion) limited benefits.

My bike doesn't have it and I can achieve smooth clutchless gear changes in both directions as long as I get it right.
When I took it in for its 600 mile service I got to play with a loan bike that had gear shift pro fitted, for a few hours. My conclusion is that it's one option I won't be adding because I don't feel the cost is proportional to the (in my opinion) limited benefits.

Remember the cost is an investment . You buy it , have the use of it which enhances your ride and then when you come to sell it you get your money back just about . And the bikes with all the gear sell better than the ones that don't . It's a no brainer

Mine has it as a retrofit and I have ridden r1200gs/r1200gsa and r1200r models fitted with it and it is a imho gimmick, I can do smoother and quicker changes using the clutch .

Smoother & quicker changes using the cutch?

How is that physically possible?

If you change gear using GSAP you only have to tap the gear lever with your foot which is only one function

Any other method of gear change involves multiple movements of throttle, clutch & gear levers

How can that possibly be smoother and quicker than tapping the gear lever with your foot? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom