Gear shift Pro

Mine does not shift on zero throttle, is there a problem.?
If I'm off throttle but bimbling along and want to change up it will not shift.

Does it need bedding in, I might be imaging it but it's starting to get less harsh/jolt between 2-3 but no where near as smooth as 3-4-5-6. Going up.
No problem going down, even to 1st.

Might ask to take a bike out.

R1200GSA TB

You need to be on a positive throttle to be smooth, if you're not it's clunky.

It's not difficult.

To save having to read through his childish and obnoxious comments, if you have an opinions send it direct to warlord by PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With respect, how difficult is it to keep the throttle open when up shifting and closed when down shifting?

It really is that simple.

With respect, how difficult is it to keep the throttle open when up shifting and closed when down shifting?

It really is that simple.

True . It's not difficult

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok flame me, when I said zero throttle I meant, no acceleration but not closed, then I can't change between gears, however with a constant progressive open accelerating throttle.
It's an effort and then a jolt between 2-3.
I keep the same throttle position and although the gear movement is an effort the gear change is smooth(er) 3-4-5-6

Should it be a jolt.

R1200GSA TB

Ok flame me, when I said zero throttle I meant, no acceleration but not closed, then I can't change between gears, however with a constant progressive open accelerating throttle.
It's an effort and then a jolt between 2-3.
I keep the same throttle position and although the gear movement is an effort the gear change is smooth(er) 3-4-5-6

Should it be a jolt.

R1200GSA TB
No.
The GSAP should be used with enough throttle to give hard acceleration and 2/3rds+ up the rev range and a firm quick push with the foot on the gear lever. It is not those for like me who prefere to ride using the grunt rather revs, I change up between 5-6000rpm and down at 3-4.

No.
The GSAP should be used with enough throttle to give hard acceleration and 2/3rds+ up the rev range and a firm quick push with the foot on the gear lever. It is not those for like me who prefere to ride using the grunt rather revs, I change up between 5-6000rpm and down at 3-4.

I find it works smoothly regardless of how hard I am accelerating - as long as I'm accelerating. Riding on a neural throttle results in a clunk. Equally, I can be only at less than 3,000 rpm and it will still shift smoothly - as long as I'm accelerating

I find it works smoothly regardless of how hard I am accelerating - as long as I'm accelerating. Riding on a neural throttle results in a clunk. Equally, I can be only at less than 3,000 rpm and it will still shift smoothly - as long as I'm accelerating

Lucky you, wish mine was like that.

I've spoken to a few owners who swear by it and not heard one negative, I'm considering a retro fit on my 2015.does anyone have an idea of the cost?

I've spoken to a few owners who swear by it and not heard one negative, I'm considering a retro fit on my 2015.does anyone have an idea of the cost?

Just over £400 I paid to have it fitted to my 14 GSA, very happy with it.

It's a £375 cost option from the factory but my dealer (NOG) fitted one for £400 for me when my bike had a new motor fitted :thumby:

Is there any software update to improve GSAP, or are we stuck with a fix and forget situation? I love it, but it could be better.

I'll give you a negative it was utterly f*cking shite on my 2014 gsa despite 4 or 5 software updates , reason why my new bike is NOT fitted with Gear Shift Assist Pro.

I would say it was a waste of money but thank god I didn't waste my money getting it fitted (it was part of a sweetener deal from BMW as the bike had issues.......... )

You need to read up more on it as there are plenty on here who have had issues with GSAP

Had it on 2015 GSA and thought it was a waste of a lot of money. Because of the torque of the engine I didn’t need to change gear that often as a lot of my riding is done in 6th. It didn’t work well at all despite several updates. Won’t consider it again.

Back
Top Bottom