Gear shift Pro

What's wrong with Gear Shift Assist Pro?

What's wrong with Gear Shift Assist Pro? :thumb2

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/skNyQ91Va1A" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Latest bikes have a sweet gearbox and gearshift pro works great. Had S1r and Superduke gt with quickshifters and the 2017 GS works nicest of them all. owned a 14 GS (non gearshift pro) and the gearbox was agricultural in the extreme, so would say it depends which model year.
It really adds to the entertainment value of the bike when pushing on.

Yep, can report that mine works fine if I use it with some judgement. Never had it before in 44 years of biking, I find I like it now though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What were the issues with it?

It was clunky on up changes unless you were riding flat out. 1st to 2nd and back never went well and 2nd to 3rd was only slightly better. 4th to 6th were the only ones that were smooth on up changes. On down changes the blipper was ineffective and I got far smoother changes using the clutch. I can understand the benefit on a sports bike but I don’t ride or want one of those. Been there.

It was clunky on up changes unless you were riding flat out. 1st to 2nd and back never went well and 2nd to 3rd was only slightly better. 4th to 6th were the only ones that were smooth on up changes. On down changes the blipper was ineffective and I got far smoother changes using the clutch. I can understand the benefit on a sports bike but I don’t ride or want one of those. Been there.

Sure you weren't riding my old bike on the quiet , it was exactly the same .

Latest bikes have a sweet gearbox and gearshift pro works great. Had S1r and Superduke gt with quickshifters and the 2017 GS works nicest of them all. owned a 14 GS (non gearshift pro) and the gearbox was agricultural in the extreme, so would say it depends which model year.
It really adds to the entertainment value of the bike when pushing on.

^^^^ What he said. The complaints all seem to be on the ≥ 2016 models, whereas on my Sept 2016 Euro 4 model with the revised gearbox and final drive GSAP is sweet. Not all LCs were created equal.

^^^^ What he said. The complaints all seem to be on the ≥ 2016 models, whereas on my Sept 2016 Euro 4 model with the revised gearbox and final drive GSAP is sweet. Not all LCs were created equal.

So it's not the GSAP that's duff.... it's the whole bike attached to it (2017 model excused) :D

R1happy’s right on the 1st to 2nd and back, I don’t think any shift that doesn’t use a clutch will work. I’ve not had a problem with other gears, though. 2018 MY bike tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It was clunky on up changes unless you were riding flat out. 1st to 2nd and back never went well and 2nd to 3rd was only slightly better. 4th to 6th were the only ones that were smooth on up changes. On down changes the blipper was ineffective and I got far smoother changes using the clutch. .

Pretty much my experience too. Although the downshift work OK for me.

I must have been lucky then as I can go all the way up or down the box with the GSAP quite smoothly - maybe I need to post a video... ;)

Tbh Im not convinced that quckshifters are at their best on any bike between 1st and 2nd. Aprillia dealer when I took out a Tuono 1000v4 was specific in his advice NOT to to use the shifter on 1st to 2nd. My 1290ktm did not like it either.

It's a £375 cost option from the factory but my dealer (NOG) fitted one for £400 for me when my bike had a new motor fitted :thumby:

Sounds like my local stealer is trying to turn me over at circa £500 for retro fit on my '15 GSA.
For -
"an hours labour" and of course flipping an option on the engine management electronics seems sharp practice when only £375 (new).

Any other options anyone ??

I wouldn't bother it's a waste on my bike

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sounds like my local stealer is trying to turn me over at circa £500 for retro fit on my '15 GSA.
For -
"an hours labour" and of course flipping an option on the engine management electronics seems sharp practice when only £375 (new).

I don't think they are. It's £375 when fitted on production at the factory

My dealer originally quoted me £525 for a retro fit which dropped to £400 when the motor was replaced

For - "an hours labour" and of course flipping an option on the engine management electronics seems sharp practice when only £375 (new).

Tell them to go fuck themselves. That’ll learn them.:rob

I have it on mine and find it very clunky in 1st and 2nd. 3rd onwards is ok but I just do manual quick shift and it’s much smoother. Downshifting I don’t like. Seems to almost mini lurch the Bike forward slightly when shifting down and agin 2nd and 1st dosent like it. Very rough. So in short. Don’t waste your money

Back
Top Bottom