Gear shift Pro

Mine works like a dream. Pin it for upshifts, zero throttle for down. Pillion rarely knows I’ve even changed gear. Can’t fault it.

I have it on mine and find it very clunky in 1st and 2nd. 3rd onwards is ok but I just do manual quick shift and it’s much smoother. Downshifting I don’t like. Seems to almost mini lurch the Bike forward slightly when shifting down and agin 2nd and 1st dosent like it. Very rough. So in short. Don’t waste your money

I never use it from 1st to 2nd I tend to pull away in 1st clutch shift to 2nd and then accelerate hard in 2nd and use GSAP from there on if I want to get a wriggle on, I can't ever remember changing down from 2nd to 1st on the move I tend to slow to a stop and select 1st at a standstill but changing down from 6th through to 2nd works like a charm. As leadfarmer says you may be changing too late, it does take a little getting used to but becomes second nature and you get a feel for when it will be useful dependant on road speed, engine revs and the degree of acceleration you desire, if you've got it fitted stick with it you may get used to it and even come to enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom