Gear shift Pro

Byronavitch

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has any one ever Retrofitted Gear shift Pro 2017 GS and how much did the dealer charge

I got it retrofitted for free as part as a sweetener deal from BMW , in the 20 odd months it has been on the bike it has needed 2 separate updates / recalibrations and is needing another as it is playing up again .

Not worth the money however much they charge

Has any one ever Retrofitted Gear shift Pro 2017 GS and how much did the dealer charge

I got charged £400 for GSAP when the dealer changed my engine due to corrosion

As I got away with not needing to pay for a 12k service I thought it was good value

At the time it was a £375 cost option on a new bike

I got charged £400 for GSAP when the dealer changed my engine due to corrosion

As I got away with not needing to pay for a 12k service I thought it was good value

At the time it was a £375 cost option on a new bike

Thanks for the replys need to have a think about that then

over priced and over rated.. save your money... I have it on mine, works fine ,but very rarely use it... and I like my gadgets. I don't see the point of it really unless I was racing someone on a track. I would rather have heated mirrors ;)

I bough the gsap second hand from james Sherlock maybe £250 if I remember right and had it fitted by Cotswold BMW along with a service from memory it was £70 to fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I call mine Gear Shit Hindrance Pro
Although I think most of its failings are down to me not being able to lift my ankle as much due to a childhood injury. Feels a lot harder to change gear than using the clutch.
Changing down is great though.

I have it, worth it as a factory option if you have spare cash but not to retro fit. Way too expensive.

Works better up than down.

I have it, worth it as a factory option if you have spare cash but not to retro fit. Way too expensive.

Works better up than down.

I'd probably agree with the first sentence, but I find it really very good for downshifts. Virtually seamless engine braking - what's not to like?

I like it but don't use it all the time. One down side is that you do eat back tires if you use it as it encourages you to accelerate hard everywhere. My Tourance 2 rear tyre is completely squared off after 3,000 miles. I was never that hard on tyre son my TC. I did just ride from St Malo to Copenhagen though :bounce1

There you go then, even those that "love it" only appear to use it sometimes and not even to its full potential...
Because its another tool in the box - you don't need to use them all all of the time. For example, I love my front brake, but only use it sometimes and not (or certainly rarely) to its full potential.

I like it but don't use it all the time. One down side is that you do eat back tires if you use it as it encourages you to accelerate hard everywhere. My Tourance 2 rear tyre is completely squared off after 3,000 miles. I was never that hard on tyre son my TC. I did just ride from St Malo to Copenhagen though :bounce1

And think of the fun you had doing that !!

Embrace the technology

over priced and over rated in my opinion.. save your money... I have it on mine, works fine ,but very rarely use it... and I like my gadgets. I don't see the point of it really unless I was racing someone on a track. I would rather have heated mirrors ;)

Fixed is for you

Because its another tool in the box - you don't need to use them all all of the time. For example, I love my front brake, but only use it sometimes and not (or certainly rarely) to its full potential.

Not really a good comparison , brakes are a safety issue , no brakes you can't stop . You don't need to have the gear shift pro because you already have a clutch . Its like you don't need an Akrapovic exhaust , because the bike comes with an exhaust . But if people want to waste their money on expensive "look at me " accessories , crack on ....

Fixed is for you

FFS. I didn't think I was doing an English GSE. You don't have to be the sharpest tool in the box to see that it was my opinion. I hate the arseholes that come on to these various sites just to pick faults on others spelling and grammar . In my opinion they want to get a life and go ride their bike or go fnck themselves whichever they find the easiest

FFS. I didn't think I was doing an English GSE. You don't have to be the sharpest tool in the box to see that it was my opinion. I hate the arseholes that come on to these various sites just to pick faults on others spelling and grammar . In my opinion they want to get a life and go ride their bike or go fnck themselves whichever they find the easiest

That would be GCSE surely ?

Back
Top Bottom