Klim not waterproof?

ShakeyBMW

S K P
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just been out in Scottish rain in my badlands jacket and Kodiak trousers which I have loved until today.

I'm wet through to my base layer and boxers :eek:

I guess I'll be phoning the supplier tomorrow then.

If it was just the outer wetting out I'd understand and just re-proof but these thngs are Goretex.........

Yep, my Carlsbad kit has been fine through a deluge of biblical proportions in Italy recently

Mines waterproof . Have you had it through the washer ? I think that washes out the proofing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been advised to Techwash the items and if that doesn't fix it, send them back for investigation.

Not much opportunity to have the vents opein Scotland Smug.

If, swmbo uses fabric conditioner it effects the gore lining. Nikwax recommend washing towels using non conditioner washing liquid powder, couple of times prior to using reproofer.

Just get a rukka, bone dry but you've got your own personal sauna !

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

My old kit was Rukka and I never had a problem.
Jacket's in the tumble drier now and the trousers are hanging nearby to dry. I can't tumble them because of the leather so I'l get my heat gun out to carefully warm up the fabric a bit later.

These are not yet 6 months old and at over a grand for the suit I expect better :mad:

Just been out in Scottish rain in my badlands jacket and Kodiak trousers which I have loved until today.

If it was just the outer wetting out I'd understand and just re-proof but these thngs are Goretex.........

My Traverse jacket was the same yesterday

Got caught in a thunder shower and came home drenched

I left the fucking vents open, FFS

Wot a twat

On the label of my Klim gear, it says "Tumble dry medium heat or steam iron warm until completely dry to maintain water repellant finish". Tumble dry mine and never let in water. I do find on the Badland it has a very low neck and water gets in down the back of my neck if its torrential.

I was caught in some serious rain last week - I've never ridden in anything like it before and My Badlands Pro jacket kept me bone dry, as did my Lattitude troos (once I'd closed the vents after feeling very cold water run down my leg).

D.

Mines waterproof . Have you had it through the washer ? I think that washes out the proofing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

other way round, if you dont wash them (non biological, chemical powder, tech wash or dreft soap flakes or similar), then they will start to leak, road grime and the like. Wash it out and then it generally works fine, failing that then its a trip back to Gore and they will repair or replace, at least with the adventure suit they will.

Back
Top Bottom