garmin virb poor quality video

fujack

Reaction score
can anyone tell me whats the best settings to record in and what fps to use I've had it on 1080p 60fps and its a bit jerky :nenau

you sure its the camera and not the machine you are playing the film with because 1080p 60fps sound ok, do you have a fast class 10 card in the cam, a little more info may help.

can anyone tell me whats the best settings to record in and what fps to use I've had it on 1080p 60fps and its a bit jerky :nenau

Is it Jerky on playback. It could be your laptop or PC doesn't have enough processing power..

Upload a sample to YouTube and let their servers process your video. Play it back through a browser and good internet connection. Is it still jerky then?

Is it Jerky on playback. It could be your laptop or PC doesn't have enough processing power..

Upload a sample to YouTube and let their servers process your video. Play it back through a browser and good internet connection. Is it still jerky then?
thanks i will try that

Someone told me there was a firmware update for the VIRB which sorted that issue? Worth plugging in to your laptop/Garmin Express to check?

I have a Class 10 Sandisk Ultra 64gb card in my new Virb XE, latest software on the camera and the latest generation of MacBook Pro.

Still experiencing the same issues as you.

I have ordered a high spec card (Sandisk extreme 128gb) as I have a feeling its the card causing this.

Once this arrives tomorrow I'll post up and let you know the results.

I have a Class 10 Sandisk Ultra 64gb card in my new Virb XE, latest software on the camera and the latest generation of MacBook Pro.

Still experiencing the same issues as you.

I have ordered a high spec card (Sandisk extreme 128gb) as I have a feeling its the card causing this.

Once this arrives tomorrow I'll post up and let you know the results.

Even though your unit is brand new, have you done the Firmware update on the camera? It may be running a buggy old version.

Yes done as soon as it was removed from the box.

Ok.

I've noticed some jerky'ness to my video playback on my laptop especially when there are Picture in Picture and my computer is trying to run two camera footage at the same time

If I flick to one camera view and delete the other camera view, the footage is stable.

Once I download it to YouTube (which use their own powerful servers) I just then have to rely on my Broadband speed to watch it.

So I think its down to laptop or computer processing power and graphics cards. They're just not up to 1080p HD Resolution Rendering. So are jerky as they try to cope with it.

The new memory card cured my jerky video issues completely.

Now playback on the MacBook or my phone is perfect !

Back
Top Bottom