Help Needed - Shipping a GS from Alaska to Russia

ruleman

Reaction score
Hello All = This is a cross-post from the Eastern Europe & Russia Forum,

I am reaching out on behalf of a friend of mine who set out from Brasil last year in a tour around the world. He is now 15 days away from reaching Alaska, and he has asked for my help to understand how to get his GS to the eastern side of the Bering Straight.

I came here to see if anyone here can provide useful information on how to ship the bike from Alaska (Anchorage or Fairbanks) to Russia (Magadan or Vladivostok). The goal is to do so during the month of July, and to be able to get it shipped in the minimum amount of time possible... which I assume means airfreight/air-cargo.

I hope folks that read this can provide first hand experience on how to get this done. Any recommendations or suggestions, or even contact information for people knowledgeable in the matter will be greatly appreciated.

It doesn't seem that this is an easy or simple undertaking, so I will keep my fingers crossed and will be back to check this thread daily.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Andres

PS: You can follow my friend's journey on facebook.com/diariodeumcapacete/ or instagram: @diariodeumcapacete

Apologies to the OP for not getting here earlier.

There is no way I know of to ship your bike out of Alaska across to Russia or South Korea. Despite air freighters coming into Anchorage from all over the world, they will only export freight down to the lower 48 where is goes on from there.

I was there last year and Spanish lad rode in on a GSXR1000 wanting to go to Russia or Soth Korea and we spent 2 days trying to find a way to no avail. He had to go back to Vancouver which is a 4 day minimum ride......!!!

If you did get sorted let me know.

Back
Top Bottom