Motorworks problems

kevingambrell

Reaction score
Hi
Placed an order by phone today for one set of rear pads with motorworks.
Half hour later just by chance I checked my email, there was the email from
them detailing my order. Completely wrong and twice the price the tit had
put down two sets of front pads.
After 1:30 I called them to sort it out, and from what I understand they have sorted it
and dispatched the correct parts.
Three months ago i put in an order with them for some bits totaling about £400.
I got the same confirmation email but was then telephoned and told most of the
order was out of stock. It was showing in stock on the website.
I canceled the complete order and was told they had not drawn down my funds.
I later checked my bank and sure enough the £400 had gone fro my account.
It took 14 days for the refund! Im now expecting to have another 14 day hold to
get back the difference between what I ordered and what they put through.
My point is be a bit careful with them, they are what I think was a good company
but they seem to have gone down the pan regarding customer service.
I will ot now deal with them again nor will I recommend the to any one.

Always had great service from them on BMW parts & Moto Guzzi spares when they did them.
First class in fact .

Let's hope it's an isolated incidents...

I can imagine you being totally fecked off mind, I know I would be & some....

They can fuck up occasionally as can any retailer

I ordered some new brake pads from them for the XR

The rear pads they sent were so wrong but....

They refunded without question when i called them even though i had opened the pack and refunded my postage

its how they deal with the odd problem that is key, look at the moans about Nippy Norman in comparison

Can only comment on my experiences with Motorworks, and all have been very good.
Recently had exceptional service from them when I was looking for a R1150RT radio cover (snorkel) which I couldn't source elsewhere.
Staff walked to the fairing/bodywork stores and rummaged through the parts until he sourced the part I wanted. He ensured that this was the exact part I wanted and it was very cheap.
So for me, no complaints unlike the OP.

Can only comment on my experiences with Motorworks, and all have been very good.
Recently had exceptional service from them when I was looking for a R1150RT radio cover (snorkel) which I couldn't source elsewhere.
Staff walked to the fairing/bodywork stores and rummaged through the parts until he sourced the part I wanted. He ensured that this was the exact part I wanted and it was very cheap.
So for me, no complaints unlike the OP.

I would agree, in the past I have had superb service from them. To the point I rebuilt most of my F650 using parts from them over a two month period.
For me it was a combination of the website saying they had the bits and them saying they didnt. Then having to hold while my money sat in another location for two weeks
and not being able to re order from another dealer.
I cant justify putting two lots of money out when i have a mortgage to pay and family to support, parts for my bike are for fun not to live on.
I hope Motorworks are not heading down the unreliable rout as they have given me good service, but im not prepared to risk more dealings with them.

Always had superb service from Motorworks over the years , in fact I ordered a set of rear pads for the r1200gsa at 11am on Tuesday morning and they were delivered at lunchtime on Thursday.

Only once have they made an error on a large order ( a good few years ago) and it appeared they had had transposed some items from another persons order, I rang them up and they sent the parts I was missing by 24 hour delivery and I was immediately reimbursed the postage for returning the wrongly supplied items .

Always had good service from them for both the 1200GS and the 650GS.
Their postage costs to Europe are reasonable as well.

They do have a bit of a problem with their policy on showing stock availability on their website. It's caught me out a couple of times - most recently when put in an order for about 10 or so items - which they held back (without telling me) whilst they waited for one tiny part to come in from their suppliers. I had to ring them up to get them to post out the bulk of the order so that I could carry on with my project. They do it to save on postage (obviously), but it is irritating and a bit short-sighted frankly - because if it weren't for this issue I probably wouldn't even bother looking at other suppliers before placing an order.

Apart from that - I've always had good service from them - they are always very helpful and knowledgeable on the phone.

I always pick up the phone, speak to a real human and find out what's what

Good old fashioned service, pick up the phone

It's not rocket science, is it??

Why don't humans talk to each other any more???

Great idea, but! There's always a but, if everyone does that you and I will spend all dat trying to get through (like the good ol' days). So do me a favour will you? Shut the front door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did pick up the phone for this last order, they still managed to mess it up.
After being called an obnoxious C on here this morning iv about had my guts full of the forum.
There are some real nice people on here with a wealth of information. There are also some prize idiots., I may also be one of the later for bothering to bring up an issue with a retailer!

If all the decent people walk away, we're l left with the idiots. Better to stay and frustrate the idiots into going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay No one on here actually knows you or How you described your requirements

In over ten years of ordering parts from Motorworks, I have had one issue around a brake disc for a 2008 Hexhead There were 3 options in that year if I remember correctly and it turns out all I had to do was lift the phone and say it doesn't seem right, the correct part was in the post FOC that afternoon and there the next day

Did you leave ordering parts to the last minute?? So many people do and then they rush the order

I always phone and check what is there as I order it if there is a small part on order I ask for the rest of it and they can post the last bit out later

I had issues with an older Lady at Motobins I ordered stuff and was sent something completely wrong 3 times, prior to that I always spoke to Steve Scriminger as my point of contact and had never anything out of place Since the third issue, I have not bought from Bins again

So to be "constructive", Might I suggest that you Ring Motorworks and ask to speak to a manager and report the incidents? It would be good if you can remember the name of the person you spoke to ?

They would be well pleased to have information about bad service so that they can rectify that. Instead of coming on to a forum and slandering them without anyone knowing you or the facts ?

They rely on customer service to progress their business So If you get bad service then the proper thing to do to help "people" is to tell some one, so that they can rectify a problem?

P.S. By the way, It was me that called you a "cnut" not a C***.

Basically, I dislike people who resort to whinging on an open forum without first trying to rectify the problem at source!

I know many people in Works that I chat to when ordering and I have met one or two of the lads at rallies and they are just like you and I out there trying to earn a penny!

Good Luck and I hope you get the problems rectified!

No I did not leave to the last minute to place my first bad order. I had been thinking about what I wanted for months. On yesterday's order for pads I clearly stated one set of rear pads for a 2006 R1200gs. What has really annoyed me about all of it is being told by motorworks that they don't take funds until the order is ready to go.. well the money was out of my account the moment I got off the phone.

I have spoken to motorworks. And I don't winge on open forums easily, what I do is after a few bad goes I let people know.
I have been on the receiving end of crap from a closed professional forum. What I did was learn from it and accept the criticism. In that instance I had cocked up.
You stated at the begging given of your last post "no one knows me" etc.
If that's the case why launch into slagging me off?

I did pick up the phone for this last order, they still managed to mess it up.
After being called an obnoxious C on here this morning iv about had my guts full of the forum.
There are some real nice people on here with a wealth of information. There are also some prize idiots., I may also be one of the later for bothering to bring up an issue with a retailer!

Be careful, someone will pipe up that your being a snowflake,

We are all obnoxious cnuts at times, me included.

a closed professional forum.

Where Pray, Did one find this place??? It certainly wasn't in here!

Here's news for you, When you place your order? You pay for it when you give the card details, right there and right then, there is no alternative, that I am aware of?

Sorry fella, if you are feeling genteel or wish for sensible conversation? You are probably in the wrong place!

Motorworks have a good reputation, they have sorted many of us with parts for years and if you were actually aware of what "Silly people" that the folks in there have to deal with? You might have more sympathy! I certainly have had to deal with some eejits whilst trying to sort out their cock ups trying to fix their bikes. The phrase they walk amongst us springs to mind!

I have no connection with Motorworks other than as a satisfied customer for probably 15 years now, and they have striven to help me when I was pressed for time So I am not going to sit back and have them slandered without a means of reply!

Face facts , with some people on this forum if you dare speak out against their favoured purveyor of goods or even worse dare to stick your head above the parapet and speak out against poor build quality of their precious B*W motorcycles or about ongoing reliability problems you will automatically be slagged off and classed as a whinging ****, or the other chestnut will be that it is down rider /operator error .

No I did not leave to the last minute to place my first bad order. I had been thinking about what I wanted for months. On yesterday's order for pads I clearly stated one set of rear pads for a 2006 R1200gs. What has really annoyed me about all of it is being told by motorworks that they don't take funds until the order is ready to go.. well the money was out of my account the moment I got off the phone.

I have spoken to motorworks. And I don't winge on open forums easily, what I do is after a few bad goes I let people know.
I have been on the receiving end of crap from a closed professional forum. What I did was learn from it and accept the criticism. In that instance I had cocked up.
You stated at the begging given of your last post "no one knows me" etc.
If that's the case why launch into slagging me off?

Probably true, but in this instance, I dislike people knocking other people, especially since I know they work very hard, are mostly professional at their job and have frequently gone the extra mile for me to help me out to get a bike ready when I have found something (that the owner forgot to mention) wrong and extra parts are needed

As to Build quality and corrosion Thats just fact they are a pile of schite now and the last good un they made was the R100GS para (87 - 89) none of that square headlamp nonsense :rob

Face facts , with some people on this forum if you dare speak out against their favoured purveyor of goods

Back
Top Bottom