Motorworks problems

As I am at the almost PhD level of fucking people off; we all get things wrong, it is how we resolve them that sorts the wheat from the chaff.

In my experience Motorworks are better than most, and when error's occur do try and fix it so it doesn't happen again. Your correct non of us know you, or what steps you had already taken.

90% of problem's are failure to communicate properly, anyone who disagrees is wrong and obviously a fuckwit !

Yes, you're annoyed, as most of us probably would be as well; talk with motorworks again and see how thry can actually resolve the issue for you.

As for the rant, it may lower the blood pressure but little else !

What has really annoyed me about all of it is being told by motorworks that they don't take funds until the order is ready to go.. well the money was out of my account the moment I got off the phone.

They probably didn't fib, just didn't understand what they were saying, and the fact it took 14 days the last time, it sounds like your bank.
If they authorise your card they ring fence funds, on despatch they then request the money, up to the amount they authorise.
If they don't request the money it takes the bank that long to put the ring fenced amount on to your balance.

Some companies charge you at point of order and then refund if the goods are not available, this actually is usually quicker but ironically not what the banks mandate.

R1200GSA TB

Okay No one on here actually knows you or How you described your requirements

In over ten years of ordering parts from Motorworks, I have had one issue around a brake disc for a 2008 Hexhead There were 3 options in that year if I remember correctly and it turns out all I had to do was lift the phone and say it doesn't seem right, the correct part was in the post FOC that afternoon and there the next day

Did you leave ordering parts to the last minute?? So many people do and then they rush the order

I always phone and check what is there as I order it if there is a small part on order I ask for the rest of it and they can post the last bit out later

I had issues with an older Lady at Motobins I ordered stuff and was sent something completely wrong 3 times, prior to that I always spoke to Steve Scriminger as my point of contact and had never anything out of place Since the third issue, I have not bought from Bins again

So to be "constructive", Might I suggest that you Ring Motorworks and ask to speak to a manager and report the incidents? It would be good if you can remember the name of the person you spoke to ?

They would be well pleased to have information about bad service so that they can rectify that. Instead of coming on to a forum and slandering them without anyone knowing you or the facts ?

They rely on customer service to progress their business So If you get bad service then the proper thing to do to help "people" is to tell some one, so that they can rectify a problem?

P.S. By the way, It was me that called you a "cnut" not a C***.

Basically, I dislike people who resort to whinging on an open forum without first trying to rectify the problem at source!

I know many people in Works that I chat to when ordering and I have met one or two of the lads at rallies and they are just like you and I out there trying to earn a penny!

Good Luck and I hope you get the problems rectified!

Seems to me that Motoworks have a spokesman, as to whether it would be my first choice of press officer is another thing.

To the point though, I think the op came on and shared his experience, why that should warrant abuse is beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just taken aback that this moaning has been allowed in the 1200 section.
Very poor attention to detail,

really piss boiling it is:mad::mad::mad:

Well, I have used these guys a lot over the years and found them to be extremely helpful. I would agree that the website, especially for used items is not the most accurate but will use them as they go out of their way on service when you call them.

Your grievance with motorworks is duly noted, however I shall continue to buy from them unless I also have an issue with their service in future as I have had very good service from them previously. Thanks for sharing your complaint with all of us, I hope it makes you feel much better.

I've only ever had good experiences of Motorworks and they are usually my first port of call.
That said, it's been a while and I found myself locked out of the website. Inwasn't in a rush so I pinged them a mail. The issue was sorted within the hour and so I placed my order online. Stress not.

I ordered a service exchange starter motor and fuel pump on Tuesday afternoon.

Emails told me the package had been despatched same day. DPD text me on Wednesday to say the parts would arrive tomorrow but I could change the delivery options. I was out all day so had them deliver to Halfords just down the road from home. On my way home I called into halfords gave them my ID and arrived home complete with a well packaged box. No additional charge to me.

The used fuel pump works.

The service exchange starter motor works.

My bike is back on the road.

All I have to do now is use the same box and packaging to return my old starter to Motorworks.

All companies can make mistakes but this looks like great service to me. AND the parts were actually cheaper from MW than the who-knows-what suppliers on eBay.

As my last post on this subject I would say I am not feeling better or worse about the problems with Motorworks, im no longer interested in them as a company.
I wont use them again, there are plenty more places to buy parts.
What I tried to do was make people aware of the problems in the same way that this site made me aware of Nippy Normans problems (although I have to say hes been perfect when I have used him).
Many years ago back before the internet I spent a lot of time and money restoring a BSA A65. Over the restoration I sent many letters and cheque's ordering parts from a fair few dealers. I had a couple of bad goes with dealers id found in magazines.. if I had the internet back then maybe I would have saved myself time and money.
This forum has a wealth of good information to trawl through and a lot of complete bollox to go along with it. That said the good information outways the bad by a country mile.
It also has a fair selection of complete w*nkers for members but an even better selection of very bright very genuine people, thankfully the later wins.
I suppose its just a cross section of society.

As my last post on this subject I would say I am not feeling better or worse about the problems with Motorworks, im no longer interested in them as a company.
I wont use them again, there are plenty more places to buy parts.
What I tried to do was make people aware of the problems in the same way that this site made me aware of Nippy Normans problems (although I have to say hes been perfect when I have used him).
Many years ago back before the internet I spent a lot of time and money restoring a BSA A65. Over the restoration I sent many letters and cheque's ordering parts from a fair few dealers. I had a couple of bad goes with dealers id found in magazines.. if I had the internet back then maybe I would have saved myself time and money.
This forum has a wealth of good information to trawl through and a lot of complete bollox to go along with it. That said the good information outways the bad by a country mile.
It also has a fair selection of complete w*nkers for members but an even better selection of very bright very genuine people, thankfully the later wins.
I suppose its just a cross section of society.

Is that another whinge or are you attempting to pootray yourself as the latter in your ramblings:D

I've been buying stuff from Motorworks since about 1993. Parts, servivice parts and occasionally one off bits. Never had an issue yet.

I've told it like I found it with a few vendors. Motorworks works are a company I'd have no problem recommending. I've used them a few times over the last 10 years or so with no problem. JJH

Back
Top Bottom