Fork Stanchion recall?

It may only be a tiny percentage that have failed , but people win the lottery all the time with odds way less than this .

Blimey, either BMW must have sold a few million more GSAs than I thought, or probability is not your forte. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket ahead of my European trip next week. :D

Blimey, either BMW must have sold a few million more GSAs than I thought, or probability is not your forte. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket ahead of my European trip next week. :D

Maybe you should buy a ticket, but meanwhile check your forks daily,and pull those rubbers down the leg to make the join easy to see, or buy the alloy stanch modification.I can jest because its your life not mine.

I like some of the rather blase comments from some of you guys have you ever had an off? I've had a few some through my stupidity yes but I've never had an off due to faulty bike parts. "man up stop fussing and ride your bike" that attitude wouldn't work offshore I can tell you, the risks with biking on today's roads are bad enough without some component failing thank you.

I like some of the rather blase comments from some of you guys have you ever had an off? I've had a few some through my stupidity yes but I've never had an off due to faulty bike parts. "man up stop fussing and ride your bike" that attitude wouldn't work offshore I can tell you, the risks with biking on today's roads are bad enough without some component failing thank you.

It's not blasé, it's common sense - just because a few people have broken their bikes whilst using them hard does NOT mean that you bike is going to fall apart at the first bump in the road does it?

Sorry, I stand by my comments. Oh by the way I was an engineer ( Baader Lubeck) so I have a grasp on safety aspects not just those related to bikes. Are not the bikes sold as potential off roaders, so bumps should be par for the course presumably.
Finished now, I hope it turns out ok for the guys who have these problems.

Sorry, I stand by my comments. Oh by the way I was an engineer ( Baader Lubeck) so I have a grasp on safety aspects not just those related to bikes. Are not the bikes sold as potential off roaders, so bumps should be par for the course presumably.
Finished now, I hope it turns out ok for the guys who have these problems.

I am sure you do - aren't the offshore industry helicopters designed to cope with bad weather? bits seem to fall off them quite frequently and dump their passengers into the sea ;)

The trouble with the old interweb is few people have a problem and then the worry mill starts and gets totally out of order.

As someone who has worked as a warranty administrator / manager for many vehicle manufactures I can assure you many issues never get a recall. This is a storm in a tea cup.

and what was the response please ?

I did post one, its on page 5. Basically the lady in service was aware of the issue but said the recall hadn't yet been extended to the UK. They expected to find out within the next week or so. She said if it goes ahead, we would get a letter from BMW, or your supplying dealer.

Pulled back the rubber covers and gave mine a good coat of looking at this evening. Nothing out of the norm to report. Easy enough, only took about 10 mins with lifting the front up with trolley jack under the bash plate.

Pulled back the rubber covers and gave mine a good coat of looking at this evening. Nothing out of the norm to report. Easy enough, only took about 10 mins with lifting the front up with trolley jack under the bash plate.

I just put lots of weight in the panniers and top box with the bike on the centre stand :)

There's not even an official recall yet, and people are already getting their knickers in a twist! :JB

Bikers are supposed to be well 'ard rufty-tufty types, not old women wittering on about dangers all the time - ffs man-up, stop fussing and ride your bike :)

Sums you up !

What a complete twat.

Doesnt it strike you odd, that BMW are handling this differently in separate markets ? (Bearing in mind the design of the part is common across the world?)

So we witness recalls of GS bikes in those where litigation might be a cost risk, (USA) but not in others? (CPJS described this on a previous page)

Sums you up !

What a complete twat.

Doesnt it strike you odd, that BMW are handling this differently in separate markets ?
Recalls of GS bikes in those where litigation might be a cost risk, (USA) but not in others? (Bearing in mind the design of the part is common across the world?)

Let me ask you a simple question or two and see if you can answer them.

How many bikes have had this 'problem'?
What was the real cause of these 'problems'?
Do you have the real facts or not?

Calm down dear :)

Back
Top Bottom