Fork Stanchion recall?

My forks were checked months ago and were found to be ok - they still are so I haven’t bothered chasing it up.

If you're happy that's fine. I'm not advocating that people who think everything in the garden smells rosey do anything. I'm personally uncomfortable about not having it done when there's been multiple failures... That's how I'm feeling and to send new bikes out without a design change seems bizarre!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi seadog, when did you first go to ocean for a check? Mine was first checked in July, then again a fortnight ago, was told I was 60th on list !!!?

Mid June, and they did say I'd been put on their list so I must have been a few in front of you. I hadn't been chasing them up as my own regular checks told me my forks were fine, so they do seem to be working their way down that list and calling customers in as they get parts. They we're certainly as good as their word in my case, and our dates fit, so you can probably take comfort in that.

Thanks seadog, when I had some aux lights fitted , fortnight ago, they re-checked and said by raising this work with bmw, it may buck them up a bit, fingers crossed😃 at least we get free coffee and sarnies at ocean 😄

I’m waiting still and absolutely clueless to knowing when they will be fitted. The irony is my local dealer has a few second hand bikes for sale with the bushes fitted 😶

The new bikes don't need the parts fitted :blast

I'll probably get a new one. I like the dash and other improvements. But if it doesn't come with 'the fix' it ain't happening.

I'll probably get a new one. I like the dash and other improvements. But if it doesn't come with 'the fix' it ain't happening.

There’s no way I’d pay for the dash, especially when most other manufacturers include it as standard.

There’s a new GS coming later next year (hence why they’re doing lots of minor updates to the current model), so I’d wait for that.:thumb

They don't come with the collars fitted because they do not need them. The forks have been modified.

They don't come with the collars fitted because they do not need them. The forks have been modified.

Well...I've looked at the new ones. They aren't appreciably different to the failing ones. The design just isn't right - don't bother arguing the point with me as this will my view despite anything other people will say, so it's a waste of breath. I doubt the new ones will fail that often, but they will have failures, I can pretty much guarantee that. What will happen though is that service will pick up the ones that are on their way to failing and they'll get sorted PDQ. With my riding, on road, I doubt there will be an issue, but if the design can be beefed up then that's what I'll insist on.

If 'ANY' of the new forks do fail and it hits the news, and it will, my belief is that BMW will suffer very badly indeed next time around. Let's hope that never happens or Arsey will end up laughing....a lot.

There’s no way I’d pay for the dash, especially when most other manufacturers include it as standard.

There’s a new GS coming later next year (hence why they’re doing lots of minor updates to the current model), so I’d wait for that.:thumb

How do you know this stuff? :green gri You were right about the new dash, so I imagine you're right about the new GS too :)

Got my bushes fitted yesterday.

Got fed up waiting to hear from my local dealer, and chasing them up every few weeks, si thought I would try Williams in Manchester. They booked me in for the check only, i took a ride out there yesterday, and they fitted new bushes there and then while I waited. Result!

They said that they just had a batch of bushes in that morning.

Got fed up waiting to hear from my local dealer, and chasing them up every few weeks, si thought I would try Williams in Manchester. They booked me in for the check only, i took a ride out there yesterday, and they fitted new bushes there and then while I waited. Result!

I assume your dealer is Chester Motoradd same as me. I just keep getting told that the bushes should be in shortly.

Bastards! they keep telling me they have none in to do mine! Not happy!

Rang my local BMW dealer in maidenhead on the off chance if they could give me a forecast date or where I was on the list for the bushes to be fitted. Talk about ringing at the right time, by chance a set had become available due to the allocated bike being written of in a RTA. This set of collars now allocated to my bike. Talk about right place at the right time. It must be really infuriating for dealers to be drip fed collars from the centre like this. Wonder if the states have the same problem with their culture of litigation.

Back
Top Bottom