Nippy Normans supply Touratech, Wunderlich and many other makes of accessories. Fantastic service and unbelievable performance.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Thread: Fork Stanchion recall?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by PDiddy View Post
    Had a call from Pidcock's this morning, mine are in a waiting to be fitted -
    Wish they’d bloody call me grrr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m waiting still and absolutely clueless to knowing when they will be fitted. The irony is my local dealer has a few second hand bikes for sale with the bushes fitted 😶

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
    Even the EICMA bikes didn't have the parts fitted.
    The new bikes don't need the parts fitted

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    The new bikes don't need the parts fitted
    I'll probably get a new one. I like the dash and other improvements. But if it doesn't come with 'the fix' it ain't happening.

I'll probably get a new one. I like the dash and other improvements. But if it doesn't come with 'the fix' it ain't happening.

There’s no way I’d pay for the dash, especially when most other manufacturers include it as standard.

There’s a new GS coming later next year (hence why they’re doing lots of minor updates to the current model), so I’d wait for that.

They don't come with the collars fitted because they do not need them. The forks have been modified.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    They don't come with the collars fitted because they do not need them. The forks have been modified.
    Well...I've looked at the new ones. They aren't appreciably different to the failing ones. The design just isn't right - don't bother arguing the point with me as this will my view despite anything other people will say, so it's a waste of breath. I doubt the new ones will fail that often, but they will have failures, I can pretty much guarantee that. What will happen though is that service will pick up the ones that are on their way to failing and they'll get sorted PDQ. With my riding, on road, I doubt there will be an issue, but if the design can be beefed up then that's what I'll insist on.

If 'ANY' of the new forks do fail and it hits the news, and it will, my belief is that BMW will suffer very badly indeed next time around. Let's hope that never happens or Arsey will end up laughing....a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty GSER View Post
    There’s no way I’d pay for the dash, especially when most other manufacturers include it as standard.

There’s a new GS coming later next year (hence why they’re doing lots of minor updates to the current model), so I’d wait for that.
    How do you know this stuff? You were right about the new dash, so I imagine you're right about the new GS too :-)

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849