Nippy Normans supply Touratech, Wunderlich and many other makes of accessories. Fantastic service and unbelievable performance.

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Fork Stanchion recall?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I am happy to wait for my collars, the longer I do the more likely BMW are to have ironed all the design tweaks

What makes the earlier Hexhead different?

??

Quote Originally Posted by 2 wheel humvee View Post
    If you're lucky, a suit from BMW was at my local dealership this week he said October is more likely, so we'll all be lucky if they are done by Christmas, mine have been checked and need the collars fitting, for peace of mind it would have been good to get this mod done before I leave for a Euro jaunt in a couple of weeks.
    BMW have handled this really badly.....piss poor customer service.
    I said to the dealer that if my bike is safe, I'm happy for them to do others before mine, but they insisted that they have the parts for my bike, and will be doing it on the 2nd September.

I've had mine checked at the 12k service, no need for anything yet, but will have a modification at the next service. I'm completely happy that's the plan, it's never been off road, nor is it likely to in my ownership.
    Edited because I cannot type

Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty GSER View Post
    Popped in to my dealer today, no issues with mine. It'll get the new collars early September.
    Same for me. I wonder what % of people on here are actually going to have an issue. Very small I would suggest.

Incidentally, first time I've been to BMW Manchester since their refurb. Very nice inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ymfb View Post
    I've had mine checked at the 12k service, no need for anything yet, but will have a modification at the next service. I'm completely happy that's the plan, it's never been off road, nor is it likely to in my ownership.
    The same for me... had mine checked three weeks ago, all ok. Down 2,500 on a Euro trip fully loaded with swmbo and no concerns. Will get it done when I have the tyres changed and the ESA checked after encountering many random adjustments from pillion mode to solo rider mode... but that's a different story

If you're lucky, a suit from BMW was at my local dealership this week he said October is more likely, so we'll all be lucky if they are done by Christmas, mine have been checked and need the collars fitting, for peace of mind it would have been good to get this mod done before I leave for a Euro jaunt in a couple of weeks.
    Gutted for you. I was in this predicament yesterday as I was literally getting the check done enroute to the boat. Don't know what I would have done if they had said it was faulty. Are you still going to go? Is it worth calling any other dealers or HO. If you had the trip booked before the letter arrived I think you should be given a loan bike.

Fork Stanchion recall?

Shall I bring some feeler gauges with me

Or you could go vintage and take a time machine back to the Stone Age and borrow one of my 1150's
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlEly View Post
    The same for me... had mine checked three weeks ago, all ok. Down 2,500 on a Euro trip fully loaded with swmbo and no concerns. Will get it done when I have the tyres changed and the ESA checked after encountering many random adjustments from pillion mode to solo rider mode... but that's a different story

The ESA problem is exactly what mine has been suffering from , randomly dropping down from two up setting down to the solo setting while the display still shows it to be on the higher setting .

To get it back onto the higher setting I was having to scroll down on to the solo setting so the suspension could 'catch up' with its lower setting and then scroll back up onto the two up setting..

On mine no faults were recorded ............... it is, however , getting new shocks as after inspection they are both leaking .........BMW is aware of the fault as my dealers raised an issue with BMW

Quote Originally Posted by Neil W View Post
    The ESA problem is exactly what mine has been suffering from , randomly dropping down from two up setting down to the solo setting while the display still shows it to be on the higher setting .

To get it back onto the higher setting I was having to scroll down on to the solo setting so the suspension could 'catch up' with its lower setting and then scroll back up onto the two up setting..

On mine no faults were recorded ............... it is, however , getting new shocks as after inspection they are both leaking .........BMW is aware of the fault as my dealers raised an issue with BMW
    Thnx for that Neil, exactly what is happening with mine... spoke to the dealer yesterday, so the investigation is commencing.... they have tried to suggest it's because my wife was riding with me whilst fully loaded... cheeky fuckers. She weighs about 8 stone...

Mine did it 3 or 4 times last summer when away but this year it happened 9 times , utter PIA

www.humvee-graphics.com Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by DottyDog View Post
    Same for me. I wonder what % of people on here are actually going to have an issue. Very small I would suggest
    Maybe so but it doesn't Instill confidence and plants a seed of doubt no matter how small.

Quote Originally Posted by DottyDog View Post
    Gutted for you. I was in this predicament yesterday as I was literally getting the check done enroute to the boat. Don't know what I would have done if they had said it was faulty. Are you still going to go? Is it worth calling any other dealers or HO. If you had the trip booked before the letter arrived I think you should be given a loan bike.

Yes I'm still going and on my own bike.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    Shall I bring some feeler gauges with me

Or you could go vintage and take a time machine back to the Stone Age and borrow one of my 1150's
    No need the sealing rubbers have been removed at the inspection so the joint in question is visible and can be monitored visually, thanks for the kind offer but I'll decline, would that be the one that choked enroute to your postponed euro joint recently
    Visit our web shop for stickers/graphics/pannier wrap kits for your GS/Adventure bike
    web shop; www.humvee-graphics.com The originals and the best
    Limited range of our products available on e-bay, our shop; humveegraphics
    Facebook; http://www.facebook.com/humveegraphics

Maybe so but it doesn't Instill confidence and plants a seed of doubt no matter how small.

Yes I'm still going and on my own bike.

Thanks for the kind offer but I'll decline, would that be the one that croked enroute to your postponed euro joint recently
    Nah. I'd let you have the faster one

The Black one's been fixed - £207 for 2 coil sticks and another £183 for Pivot bearings, at £390 it would have been cheaper to buy BMW warranty

No doubt we'll be 'visually checking' yours, at every coffee stop

No wheelies, mind the gap and mind how you go!!
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

My forks were inspected and the new guaranteed to save us all repair done on the 6th July. The letter telling me to contact Vines to get them looked at arrived last week. Better late than never.

Took my 2016 LC for its first service yesterday, 5600km and only road driving. Was rather shocked that when the BMW Dealers tested my front forks for the '' agreed BMW acceptable tolerance" they were out and I had both to be changed.
    In Holland all owners have received a letter from BMW stating checks needs to be carried out at the earliest possible opportunity but would only be changed if needed. Again in Holland any form of official recall is done by the Dutch version of the DVLA so they ensure they capture ALL vehicles. Its not quite at that stage yet though.....

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

I had mine inspected at Allan Jefferies on Thursday and it was fine (but I already knew that), so they've ordered the collars and I await the call to take it in.

They claimed only one bike out of approx. 300 checked so far has had a gap also requiring the stanchions replacing

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast